Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Too much ????

Featured Replies

I'm picturing the scene in "Naked Gun" where a family is picnicing in the middle of center field...while the game is being played...!

 

:laugh:

I don't see a big problem with it, so long as the coach is OK with it. I think it may even be a good thing, especially, on a Friday night after a full week of practice. It could be used as team cohesion type event. Everyone eat together after the last practice of the week. If it does not interfere with practice and team function, I applaud the parents and fans for taking such an interest in the program.

We larned what sport is important to people in grade school. We had no Football field, lights etc, just a big green patch between parking lots. The parents would line their cars up, using headlights facing in, to illuminate the playing surface so practice could resume after dark.

 

The funny/sad thing for us is that when other sports were involved, you'd be lucky if they even slowed the car down when they dropped the kid off. Or better yet, if they even took the kid to practice at all!

I think this is great and would love to see that type of support in my hometown as long as it didn't become a disruption.

There are a nice amount of people who watch Boyle practice. I have watched some myself, more so when my son played. I don't see anything wrong with it and anything that can rejuvenate fan support around here, I am all for. I may have to go to the Woodlawn parking lot soon myself to get a good burger and good company. It definitely doesn't interfere with practice, they are too far away. Most people have binoculars.

The kids were hard at work preparing for the upcoming season, nothing wrong with the tailgaters trying to get into mid season form with their latest recipes.:lol:

We were one of the families that were tailgating the evening in question. We were app. 100 yds from the practice field. Just some excited friends and family ready for another REBEL season to begin. We probably talked more among ourselves that we paid attention to practice. When it comes to REBEL football we get excited.

It's better to have fans/community that get excited, than it is to have fans/community that don't care at all.

We were one of the families that were tailgating the evening in question. We were app. 100 yds from the practice field. Just some excited friends and family ready for another REBEL season to begin. We probably talked more among ourselves that we paid attention to practice. When it comes to REBEL football we get excited.

 

 

I think it's great. The high school my son played for here in N KY had some decent parent/fan support but I have always been envious of the great showing the boys from Highlands always received. You don't need to apologize to anyone for showing enthusiasim at any time. Great football programs always have great support.

In no way was the parents "watching" to much. One of Boyle's strongest weapons has always been its fan support. There are very strong unwritten rules of behavoir for watching parents and fans. I would be more concerned about the "Visiting" cars from Lincoln, Mercer and Fayette counties that seem to drive by.

Trinity's practices are wide open to all , or at least they have been.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.