Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Too much ????

Featured Replies

I actually saw some parents tailgating at one of Boyle Co.'s practices earlier in the week. Should practices be closed? How is it handled at different schools around the state?:confused:

If a coach is keeping parents out this time of year, then something shady must be going on. What is wrong with letting people view practice, espcially right now?

I actually saw some parents tailgating at one of Boyle Co.'s practices earlier in the week. Should practices be closed? How is it handled at different schools around the state?:confused:

 

As in cooking out & watching practice?

  • Author
As in cooking out & watching practice?

 

Yes !!

I think this might go on from time to time at the end of the week. Sorta where the parents get some food cooked up - primarily for the benefit of the boys after a hard week of practice.

 

If the fans are just that hardcore, well, I don't particularly have a problem with it as long as they are being respectful and not disruptive.

Parents and other family members of Breathitts team come and watch practice but they dont cook out and the whole ten yards. That seems like it would be a distraction to the players and coaches.

I see nothing wrong with it as long as they aren't trying to coach. They may be in the same situation I was in years ago. I would stop off after work to pick up my brother, and all his little friends who needed a ride to Perryville, and it was just easier for me to wait instead of driving home and back again to get him. So the only difference with me and these people you are talking about is they were smart enough to bring food.:thumb:

I actually saw some parents tailgating at one of Boyle Co.'s practices earlier in the week. Should practices be closed? How is it handled at different schools around the state?:confused:
Parents are wanting to catch a glimpse, of a teams progress. Some enjoy watching the plays, drills and who is doing what.

 

If they are tailgating, then give them props for ingenuity. I see nothing wrong with it, at all and just gets support going.

Parents are wanting to catch a glimpse, of a teams progress. Some enjoy watching the plays, drills and who is doing what.

 

If they are tailgating, then give them props for ingenuity. I see nothing wrong with it, at all and just gets support going.

Actually I think it's kinda cool

 

 

GO REBELS

Parents are wanting to catch a glimpse, of a teams progress. Some enjoy watching the plays, drills and who is doing what.

 

If they are tailgating, then give them props for ingenuity. I see nothing wrong with it, at all and just gets support going.

 

I agree. As long as they are doing this in the parking lot and not on the football field, I have no problem with this. It makes me want a burger!

I agree. As long as they are doing this in the parking lot and not on the football field, I have no problem with this. It makes me want a burger!

There's this one guy out there who grills the best burger in the world. I will sure miss those Friday nights since I don't live there anymore:cry::cry::cry:

  • Author

Actually I wouldn't say that I'm against it. I was just wondering if people do this anywhere else. If anyone out there has seen this at their high school.

There's this one guy out there who grills the best burger in the world. I will sure miss those Friday nights since I don't live there anymore:cry::cry::cry:

 

We lost our burger guy, too! He brought one of those huge barrell type grills and once they were cooked, he put them in some sort of pan with broth in it until they were to be served...sooooo good! He also catered our Alumni Club tailgating meal...complete with ribeye steaks, cheesy hashbrown casserole, baked potatoes, chocolate mousse...I gotta stop because I either have to go to the fridge or cry...:cry:

I agree. As long as they are doing this in the parking lot and not on the football field, I have no problem with this. It makes me want a burger!

 

I'm picturing the scene in "Naked Gun" where a family is picnicing in the middle of center field...while the game is being played...!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.