Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rank The State- 6A

Featured Replies

1. Trinity

2. St. Xavier

3. Manual

4. Male

5. Henry Clay

6. Boone County

7. Fern Creek

8. Madison Central

9. Scott County

10.Lafayette

  • Replies 70
  • Views 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Trinity 2. St. Xavier 3. Male 4. Henry Clay 5. Fern Creek 6. Manual 7. Ryle 8. Madison Central 9. Scott County 10. Lafayette

Looks good to me. The bottom 5 of the top 10 is where the guessing really starts. Good Luck to all teams this season. Have Fun....

1. Trinity

2. St. Xavier

3. Manual

4. Male

5. Henry Clay

6. Boone County

7. Fern Creek

8. Madison Central

9. Scott County

10.Lafayette

 

1. St.X

2. Trinity

3. HC

4. Scott Co.

5. Manual

6. Fern Creek

7. Male

8. Dunbar

9. BC

10.MC

I give X the 1 spot due to more returning starters.

There sure is a lot of love for Fern Creek. Any particular reason?

  • Author
There sure is a lot of love for Fern Creek. Any particular reason?

 

Because after about 6 teams there is a mammoth drop off and Fern Creek is the most athletic and has the most potential of the remaining pack.

I love my Crimsons but Manual will have a lot of reloading to do. Maybe they end up near the top, but I'm expecting a bit of a drop from last season.

Right now, I don't seen Boone County being a top 10 team. They lost a lot to graduation. Their top offensive weapons are gone in Farris (RB), Bogle (QB), and Doucette (WR). In NKY, many would have them behind Simon Kenton this year.

  • Author
What about John Hardin?

5A...

Henry Clay lost a ton of thier skill players, not sure what kind of drop-off they will have, but losing Phillippi, Boyd, and Gay will hurt.

 

Dunbar, Tates Creek, and Lafayette all have new coaches and I would expect growing pains. Dunbar could potentially be the best team in Lexington (6A) if everyone from last year returns....a big if IMO.

 

Madison Central has potential to be good offensively if Keyshawn Simpson can stay healthy. A big if (as always) will be their ability to stop teams and how the new QB will do playing full-time.

 

Jim McKee has built a very solid program at Scott County and will be solid as usual. I'm sure last season's embarrassing 1st round exit will lead to a hungy team....not sure what they return as far as players though?

 

Honestly, the gap between central KY 6A and Trinity/St. X will be as large as I can remember (recently at least)...

1) St Xavier

2) Trinity

3) Henry Clay

4) Manual

5) Male

6) Scott Co

7) Boone Co

8) Fern Creek

9) Ballard

10) Lafayette

Henry Clay lost a ton of thier skill players, not sure what kind of drop-off they will have, but losing Phillippi, Boyd, and Gay will hurt.

 

Dunbar, Tates Creek, and Lafayette all have new coaches and I would expect growing pains. Dunbar could potentially be the best team in Lexington (6A) if everyone from last year returns....a big if IMO.

 

Madison Central has potential to be good offensively if Keyshawn Simpson can stay healthy. A big if (as always) will be their ability to stop teams and how the new QB will do playing full-time.

 

Jim McKee has built a very solid program at Scott County and will be solid as usual. I'm sure last season's embarrassing 1st round exit will lead to a hungy team....not sure what they return as far as players though?

 

Honestly, the gap between central KY 6A and Trinity/St. X will be as large as I can remember (recently at least)...

Nice assessment "Son of Bear".

 

We all know who #1 and #2 is.

 

I see a significant drop in Class 6A this year.......more than I remember in recent times and we can all look at past scores in the playoffs and know how great the difference has been.

Nice assessment "Son of Bear".

 

We all know who #1 and #2 is.

 

I see a significant drop in Class 6A this year.......more than I remember in recent times and we can all look at past scores in the playoffs and know how great the difference has been.

 

 

Do you see this drop in 6A across the board or just in Central, KY?

 

I am not sure what to expect from the public schools around here right now.

Do you see this drop in 6A across the board or just in Central, KY?

 

I am not sure what to expect from the public schools around here right now.

 

Can't speak for the rest of the state, but, there's definately a big dropoff from the Ts and Xs on the western end...I'd say Apollo or Daviess Co will be the teams to beat and they're not even in those 2's league...

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.