Should the U.S. Government change the speed limit to...

ScarHeel

Should the U.S. Government change the speed limit to 55 mph to conserve fuel?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Should the U.S. Government change the speed limit to 55 mph to conserve fuel?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They're there whether we want them to be or not. Camera's throughout the city monitoring people, tapped phones, tracking through cell phones, etc...

It's not being paranoid if they are really after you.:lol:

I understand, but it is different for those things to happen, and for the citizens to ask for more government involvement. Why would the people ask for it?

Absolutely not... There are idiots on the interstate right now that drive 55 with the speed limit at 70...That means there'd be people going 35 on the interstate, imagine that nightmare.

What makes them idiots? I don't have a problem with them driving 55 if they want to save gas. It's the people who drive over 85 that are idiots in my opinion.

I second that HB20. I don't want a mandatory reduced speed though just because others cannot abide by the law at least within 10-15 mph of it. Cars are going to speed, the people who do it aren't going to slow down anytime soon, ticket or no ticket.

This was done back in the 70's. Does anyone remember if it worked?

Do you mean when the government was telling us that we were headed for another "Ice Age" because the earth was cooling?

What makes them idiots? I don't have a problem with them driving 55 if they want to save gas. It's the people who drive over 85 that are idiots in my opinion.

If you drive 15 under the speed limit on the interstate, it's stupid. You're asking for an accident to occur. If they want to save gas, take the back roads and coast all you want. And driving 55 is just as dangerous as driving 85 on the interstate, IMO.

If you drive 15 under the speed limit on the interstate, it's stupid. You're asking for an accident to occur. If they want to save gas, take the back roads and coast all you want. And driving 55 is just as dangerous as driving 85 on the interstate, IMO.

Espesically when they are cruising the Left/Passing Lane...:irked:

Back roads will use more fuel based on changing speeds and curves alone. If a car is going 60 on I-75 it isn't that bad as long as they are in the slow lane.