Cincinnati Reds: Buyers or Sellers?

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this team is a season or two away from making a serious run. I think you've got to keep the majority of these guys, but if somebody wants David Weathers, Rick Ross, Paul Bako, Bronson Arroyo, Ken Griffey Jr. or Adam Dunn then I'd be willing to listen.

I'd get rid of Weathers in a heartbeat. For anybody.

I'd trade David Ross for the right price (it wouldn't be very high) and I'd trade Paul Bako for any decent prospect & cash.

I think this team is a season or two away from making a serious run. I think you've got to keep the majority of these guys, but if somebody wants David Weathers, Rick Ross, Paul Bako, Bronson Arroyo, Ken Griffey Jr. or Adam Dunn then I'd be willing to listen.

I'd get rid of Weathers in a heartbeat. For anybody.

I'd trade David Ross for the right price (it wouldn't be very high) and I'd trade Paul Bako for any decent prospect & cash.

I agree here. I would keep the young talent (to me those are pretty much non negotiable). I would be willing to listen to some other clubs to see what I could get for some of the ones that you have mentioned plus maybe another one or two that you didn't. I wouldn't just give anyone away but I would at least listen to any "Interesting" offers.

Anybody with an expiring contract would go for pretty cheap. The young players wouldn't be going anywhere.

Dunn has an expiring contract, but I wouldn't trade him for anything cheap. The guy has incredible power and I think we could get a pretty good package for him. If not, I'm willing to let him walk at the end of the year and get compensatory picks for him. And I wouldn't even mind re-signing the big fella. :D

Dunn has an expiring contract, but I wouldn't trade him for anything cheap. The guy has incredible power and I think we could get a pretty good package for him. If not, I'm willing to let him walk at the end of the year and get compensatory picks for him. And I wouldn't even mind re-signing the big fella. :D

Well anyone besides him. :thumb:

Here are my safe players that won't be going anywhere...

Harang, Burton, Cordero, Phillips, Encarnacion, Hairston, Keppinger, Bruce, Volquez, Cueto, Votto, Bray, Affeldt.

I give away Patterson for cash if I can. If someone wants Dunn, and the Reds don't want to sign him in the off season, which I think they should, I would trade him. If someone wanted Griffey, I would ask for 2 good prospects, if I don't get that, he stays and most likely walks at the end of the season. If I can get 2 good young players for Arroyo I would do that. If someone wanted to give me a young player and cash for any of the catchers (Ross, Bako, Valentine), I would take it. Lincoln, Majewski, Weathers, and the rest of the bull pen except for the back end of Bray, Affeldt, Burton, and Cordero, should be open for trade.

No matter what they do at this trade deadline, they will be a signifigantly different team next year. Young, quick, and less power with the likely loss of Griffey and Dunn (I hope not, but it will happen.)

:thumb:

I'm sure the D'Backs would love to have him right now. The need a starting LF and a leadoff man really bad.

O.K., we will take Brandon Webb.......:D

(I know......wish in one hand and and crap in the other then see which one fills up frst:lol:)