Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cincinnati Reds: Buyers or Sellers?

Featured Replies

So, you're Walt Jocketty.

 

Are you a buyer or a seller?

 

There is an awful lot of talent on this roster and most of it is young.

 

What do you do?

  • Replies 312
  • Views 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author

I think this team is a season or two away from making a serious run. I think you've got to keep the majority of these guys, but if somebody wants David Weathers, Rick Ross, Paul Bako, Bronson Arroyo, Ken Griffey Jr. or Adam Dunn then I'd be willing to listen.

 

I'd get rid of Weathers in a heartbeat. For anybody.

 

I'd trade David Ross for the right price (it wouldn't be very high) and I'd trade Paul Bako for any decent prospect & cash.

  • Author

It seems like some of the Reds on the roster are starting to gain some attention from other big league clubs.

 

Bronson Arroyo, David Weathers, Paul Bako & David Ross, to name a few.

I think this team is a season or two away from making a serious run. I think you've got to keep the majority of these guys, but if somebody wants David Weathers, Rick Ross, Paul Bako, Bronson Arroyo, Ken Griffey Jr. or Adam Dunn then I'd be willing to listen.

 

I'd get rid of Weathers in a heartbeat. For anybody.

 

I'd trade David Ross for the right price (it wouldn't be very high) and I'd trade Paul Bako for any decent prospect & cash.

 

I agree here. I would keep the young talent (to me those are pretty much non negotiable). I would be willing to listen to some other clubs to see what I could get for some of the ones that you have mentioned plus maybe another one or two that you didn't. I wouldn't just give anyone away but I would at least listen to any "Interesting" offers.

Anybody with an expiring contract would go for pretty cheap. The young players wouldn't be going anywhere.

  • Author
Anybody with an expiring contract would go for pretty cheap. The young players wouldn't be going anywhere.

 

Dunn has an expiring contract, but I wouldn't trade him for anything cheap. The guy has incredible power and I think we could get a pretty good package for him. If not, I'm willing to let him walk at the end of the year and get compensatory picks for him. And I wouldn't even mind re-signing the big fella. :D

The Reds have to be sellers. Any vet should be traded if a deal is offered. They do have a good young core that will be good down the road.

Dunn has an expiring contract, but I wouldn't trade him for anything cheap. The guy has incredible power and I think we could get a pretty good package for him. If not, I'm willing to let him walk at the end of the year and get compensatory picks for him. And I wouldn't even mind re-signing the big fella. :D

 

Well anyone besides him. :thumb:

I'd be interested to listen in on a deal for Hairston...

I'd be interested to listen in on a deal for Hairston...

 

I'm sure the D'Backs would love to have him right now. The need a starting LF and a leadoff man really bad.

Here are my safe players that won't be going anywhere...

Harang, Burton, Cordero, Phillips, Encarnacion, Hairston, Keppinger, Bruce, Volquez, Cueto, Votto, Bray, Affeldt.

 

I give away Patterson for cash if I can. If someone wants Dunn, and the Reds don't want to sign him in the off season, which I think they should, I would trade him. If someone wanted Griffey, I would ask for 2 good prospects, if I don't get that, he stays and most likely walks at the end of the season. If I can get 2 good young players for Arroyo I would do that. If someone wanted to give me a young player and cash for any of the catchers (Ross, Bako, Valentine), I would take it. Lincoln, Majewski, Weathers, and the rest of the bull pen except for the back end of Bray, Affeldt, Burton, and Cordero, should be open for trade.

 

No matter what they do at this trade deadline, they will be a signifigantly different team next year. Young, quick, and less power with the likely loss of Griffey and Dunn (I hope not, but it will happen.)

Rick Ross, .

 

Who knew Walt was a hip hop fan.

Dunn has an expiring contract, but I wouldn't trade him for anything cheap. The guy has incredible power and I think we could get a pretty good package for him. If not, I'm willing to let him walk at the end of the year and get compensatory picks for him. And I wouldn't even mind re-signing the big fella. :D

 

:thumb:

I'm sure the D'Backs would love to have him right now. The need a starting LF and a leadoff man really bad.

 

O.K., we will take Brandon Webb.......:D

 

(I know......wish in one hand and and crap in the other then see which one fills up frst:lol:)

I don't know if i'd say Hairston is untouchable or not. He's providing a great spark for this team, but i'm not sure if he can continue to do it or not.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.