Trent Guy shot outside nightclub

Xtiger69

The UL junior wide receiver was shot outside a downtown Louisville nightclub at 2:30am and is in serious condition following surgery.Is this unbelieveable or what! Some serious bad karma surrounds the UL football program right now. I wish him a speedy recovery.

The UL junior wide receiver was shot outside a downtown Louisville nightclub at 2:30am and is in serious condition following surgery.Is this unbelieveable or what! Some serious bad karma surrounds the UL football program right now. I wish him a speedy recovery.

Villa Fontana is a bad place. This is not the first shooting there. One night, I think two people were shot there, and at least one died. It's nothing but trouble. Yet, somehow, they always draw a huge crowd when they're open. They are required to have at least two uniformed Metro Louisville officers there when open. I can think of at least one business who will be complaining (yet again) about this club.

The article says he was shot in the back, but expected to recover fully.

U of L football player shot near Theater Square

Villa Fontana is a bad place. This is not the first shooting there. One night, I think two people were shot there, and at least one died. It's nothing but trouble. Yet, somehow, they always draw a huge crowd when they're open. They are required to have at least two uniformed Metro Louisville officers there when open. I can think of at least one business who will be complaining (yet again) about this club.

The article says he was shot in the back, but expected to recover fully.

U of L football player shot near Theater Square

I've got a feeling you won't see any UL football players back there again.

I hope he comes out alright!

Villa Fontana is a shady area to say the least. I see at least 3-4 players out at the bars every time I go out. Wouldn't be surprised to see Krag institute a no Club Rule here in the near future. Probably wouldn't be a bad idea, you get some wannabe come up that's been boozin all night runnin their mouth to a player and something bad is bound to happen...

Was this an establishment where people under age 21 could legally be? If so, I would assume Kragthorpe has to discipline him in some way.

Technically, I don't think it's a night club. They're not open all the time. They stage concerts. They might be open one weekend, and the next weekend, they're not.

I know they are very heavily watched, and when they're open, there are at least 2 police cars in front, and several uniformed cops. Other neighboring establishments have taking to hiring uniformed cops on those nights as well.