1. 1. Which league is better?

• National League
    • American League
    • Too close to call

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd vote for the National League. It's because I'm a St. Louis Cardinals fan and have always like the National League better. I think the main reason is my all time favorite baseball player is Lou Brock and I've always like to see teams steal a lot of bases.

My opinion...lol, and really that is all I got. I am sure someone will answer it for me later.

Just wondering. Being a Reds fan of course I pull for the NL. And I hate the DL. However reality says the AL is pounding the NL in interleague games. I don't know if there is any better yardstick than the actual game results.

I honestly think that All-Star games is a joke and shouldn't be considered a yardstick at all. I know it at least has meaning, but in order for it to determine who is the best...then the best of each league would play the whole game, not just 2-3 innings and then let someone else in...IMO. Whoever wins that shouldn't matter.

This might be made up, but aren't American league parks better for hitters than National Leauge...on average at least.

I prefer the National and including the pitcher, as a hitter. AL is a better league, since the inclusion of the DH, from a competitive standpoint and overall hitting. Pitchers have to face a professional hitter, 3-4 more a game than in the NL, with the DH.

Less bunting and strategy, than the NL.

I honestly think that All-Star games is a joke and shouldn't be considered a yardstick at all. I know it at least has meaning, but in order for it to determine who is the best...then the best of each league would play the whole game, not just 2-3 innings and then let someone else in...IMO. Whoever wins that shouldn't matter.

This might be made up, but aren't American league parks better for hitters than National Leauge...on average at least.

This isn't true anymore. Hitter-friendly Tiger Stadium and The Kingdome were replaced by spacious Comerica Park and Safeco Field in the AL. In the NL the cavernous Astrodome was replaced by homer-happy Minute Maid Park and Cincinnati and Philadelphia built bandbox stadiums.

I'd vote for the National League. It's because I'm a St. Louis Cardinals fan and have always like the National League better. I think the main reason is my all time favorite baseball player is Lou Brock and I've always like to see teams steal a lot of bases.

So far this season the American League teams have stolen a total of 673 bases for an average of 48 per team. The National League teams have stolen a total of 753 bases for an average of 47 per team. ;)

This isn't true anymore. Hitter-friendly Tiger Stadium and The Kingdome were replaced by spacious Comerica Park and Safeco Field in the AL. In the NL the cavernous Astrodome was replaced by homer-happy Minute Maid Park and Cincinnati and Philadelphia built bandbox stadiums.

Yeah I didn't know, I was really asking a question, rather than making a statement. I had just forgotten to put my question mark.