Weezer (Red Album)

halfback20

Anyone else get the new Weezer CD? I never was a huge Weezer fan, but I just started listening to this CD and I like it. I got 3 other Weezer CD's from my roommate to listen to and I like their music.

Anyone else a Weezer fan?

Anyone else get the new Weezer CD? I never was a huge Weezer fan, but I just started listening to this CD and I like it. I got 3 other Weezer CD's from my roommate to listen to and I like their music.

Anyone else a Weezer fan?

I'm a huge Weezer fan, and honestly, I give the Red album a C+, mostly on name recognition alone. It's too sporatic... it's like they didn't know or care what they were going for, which while there's some appreciation to be had in them just recording on a whim, it's just not that high quality IMO.

The Blue album is legendary, and easily one of my all time favorite albums. Say It Ain't So has been my ringtone for over two years. The Green Album and Pinkerton are great. I never heard the album that had Beverly Hills and I don't know if I ever plan to. I didn't care too much for that song when I first heard it and then the radio overplayed (and I try to avoid radio as much as possible) which made me despise it.

But regardless of the negatives, Weezer's positives still make them one of my favorite bands.

I'm a huge Weezer fan and member of the =Rebel Weezer Alliance=. I have every CD except this most recent album.

Anyways, the only new song I've heard from the new album is "Pork and Beans" and I do enjoy that song.

As soon as I get some more funds I will be purchasing the new album, but even though I've absolutely loved Weezer since 1993, I can't imagine anything surpassing the original Blue Album.

My all-time faves are:

Say It Ain't So

Only In Dreams

Buddy Holly

Undone (The Sweater Song)

Surfwax America

My Name Is Jonas

In The Garage

Smile

Oh, Girlfriend

Across the Sea

Perfect Situation

Keep Fishin'

Take Control

Burndt Jamb

Holiday

Photograph

Island in the Sun

Crab

Jamie

I'm a huge Weezer fan and member of the =Rebel Weezer Alliance=. I have every CD except this most recent album.

Anyways, the only new song I've heard from the new album is "Pork and Beans" and I do enjoy that song.

As soon as I get some more funds I will be purchasing the new album, but even though I've absolutely loved Weezer since 1993, I can't imagine anything surpassing the original Blue Album.

My all-time faves are:

Say It Ain't So

Only In Dreams

Buddy Holly

Surfwax America

My Name Is Jonas

In The Garage

Smile

Oh, Girlfriend

Across the Sea

Perfect Situation

Keep Fishin'

Take Control

Burndt Jamb

Holiday

Photograph

Island in the Sun

Crab

Jamie

Not a 'Hash Pipe' fan?

I haven't heard the new album except for the single. Couple of my friends think its the best Weezer album ever.

Unless they weren't huge fans of the other albums, this is just strange to me. Blasphemy! :lol: To each his own though... I'm certainly not discouraging anyone from listening to the album. I just don't think Red is nearly as good as some of the others.

My all-time faves are:

Say It Ain't So

Only In Dreams

Buddy Holly

Surfwax America

My Name Is Jonas

In The Garage

Smile

Oh, Girlfriend

Across the Sea

Perfect Situation

Keep Fishin'

Take Control

Burndt Jamb

Holiday

Photograph

Island in the Sun

Crab

Jamie

If they were to make a Weezer "best of" album (hopefully they wouldn't call it "Rainbow"... actually that would be just like them :lol:) I think it would be something like this: (and this is simply in the order I imagine, not necessarily best to worst)

1. Say It Ain't So

2. My Name Is Jonas

3. Buddy Holly

4. Don't Let Go

5. Pork And Beans

6. The World Has Turned (And Left Me Here)

7. Troublemaker

8. Hashpipe

9. Beverly Hills (even though I hate that song it would unfortunately be on a greatest hits for them)

10. Surfwax America

11. Undone (The Sweater Song)

12. Suzanne

13. Pink Triangle

14. The Good Life

15. Island in the Sun

16. Photograph

17. In The Garage

Not to say there are others that would be much more deserving of being on there... Really a Weezer boxset would be much more appropriate than a greatest hits, because there are so many great tracks.