Weezer (Red Album)

halfback20

I haven't heard any of the new stuff but Maladroit is by far my favorite album by them. Every song on that CD is a classic.

That's really odd, because every Weezer fan I know feels that Maladroit is their weakest album.

Personally, I liked Maladroit, but I don't think it tops Blue Album or Pinkerton.

IMO,

1. Blue Album

2. Pinkerton

3. Maladroit

4. Green Album

5. Make Believe

*Again, still haven't heard the new one to rank it. Also, I'm not including live albums or EPs such as The Lion and the Witch.

That's really odd, because every Weezer fan I know feels that Maladroit is their weakest album.

Personally, I liked Maladroit, but I don't think it tops Blue Album or Pinkerton.

IMO,

1. Blue Album

2. Pinkerton

3. Maladroit

4. Green Album

5. Make Believe

*Again, still haven't heard the new one to rank it. Also, I'm not including live albums or EPs such as The Lion and the Witch.

I've always heard the same thing and I've never been able to figure out why. The Blue Album is definitely my second favorite but top to bottom I'll take Maladroit hands down.

I've always heard the same thing and I've never been able to figure out why. The Blue Album is definitely my second favorite but top to bottom I'll take Maladroit hands down.

I can only try to guess as why, but did you start listening to Weezer during Blue album or Pinkerton, or did you start listening to them, say Green album or later?

I have found that the people who are newer to Weezer (the ones who heard Maladroit or Green Album before any of the old stuff) tend to like the newer stuff like Maladroit and Make Believe. While those who grew up on the Blue album or Pinkerton sound seem continually disappointed by the new stuff.

But I think all of their stuff is great. Yeah, Maladroit and Make Believe may be a different sound, but I think that's just the evolution of the band. Both of those are much more advanced musically than Blue or Pinkerton.

I can only try to guess as why, but did you start listening to Weezer during Blue album or Pinkerton, or did you start listening to them, say Green album or later?

I have found that the people who are newer to Weezer (the ones who heard Maladroit or Green Album before any of the old stuff) tend to like the newer stuff like Maladroit and Make Believe. While those who grew up on the Blue album or Pinkerton sound seem continually disappointed by the new stuff.

But I think all of their stuff is great. Yeah, Maladroit and Make Believe may be a different sound, but I think that's just the evolution of the band. Both of those are much more advanced musically than Blue or Pinkerton.

I didn't start listening to Weezer until around the time when the Green Album came out so it was never really a progression type thing for me as a fan. I heard the Green Album first, then I bought the other two at the same time and preferred them in the order of their original release dates but when Maladroit came out it was immediately my favorite.

• 2 weeks later...

The Blue Album is fantastic. I have two others after that one that didn't really come close to the first (not that they were bad, it's just that the first one was so incredible). A lot of that might also have to do with Cuomo's long hiatus from recording after the first album while he finished up college. I kind of lost touch, and it just didn't wow me like before.

Saw them on that first tour, and may even still have the concert T from it packed away somewhere, but my brother may have swiped it.