What are you doing this weekend?

newarkcatholicfan

• 6 years later...
  • Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saturday, I was supposed to go to the Orlando Code Camp. It's a day of free training and seminars with guest presenters from all over the country. It was held at Seminole State College in Sanford. I was really looking forward to it.

However, we got in late from dinner with my daughter Friday night and I couldn't get to sleep. I needed to leave the house no later than 5:30 am to make registration between 7 and 8. After tossing and turning until 2 am, I cancelled the trip. No need to get my self killed trying to drive over, attend classes all day, then try and drive back.

Instead I stayed home and did some work on the house until time to watch the game.

Sunday, got up early, did some work around the casa, drove to USF, watched the UC/USF game, picked up dinner, and drove home. Ended the day swapping beds between one bedroom and another.

The kids are coming over for Easter.

The son's crew will be in tonight or tomorrow morning.

Tomorrow, the plan is for my daughter's outfit to show up about 1, at which time the grandkids, the mothers, and G-Ma are dying eggs. Why? I have no idea, because while that is going on, the pseudo son-in-law and my son are hiding fake eggs, full of money and stuff, all over the grounds outside.

My daughter has taken the fashionably late trend and turned it into an art form. I figure this all gets started about 2.

By that time, I'll already have the veggie and deviled egg trays ready, the cheese ball out, the ham on, the mac ready for cheese, the green beans simmering, the chicken wings frying, and the roasting chicken in the oven.

At 3, the rest of the family and guests arrive, start drinking, and take seats overlooking the grounds. We're figuring about 20 for dinner.

The munchkins are then set loose on the grounds to find and fight over the fake eggs, while I video the melee. Mrs. S and the girls finish dinner.

After the dirt and blood is cleaned off of the grandchildren following the egg hunt/fight, everybody eats and drinks until stuffed and inebriated.

At some point the grandchildren are bathed and put in bed. Then the parents and friends settle in to watch me suffer through the Wisconsin/UK game.

Easter Sunday, we'll all go to church where the pseudo-grandson attends school, OLOL

I'm not laughing. I'm serious. That's what it's called. Why they don't just say Our Lady of Lourdes is beyond me, but this younger generation...

My daughter-in-law wanted everybody to go to brunch after church, after which my son's crew would head home to Apopka. I'm thinking, "OK, we'll go to Bob Evans or Village Inn, have a nice meal, and it won't cost me an arm and a leg. I like breakfast/lunch. Great idea."

When my daughter volunteered to get the reservations, I knew I was in trouble.

First off, the places I like to go, don't take reservations. If it's busy, you wait with the little vibrator which lights up when it starts vibrating. I usually have it in my pocket so I don't notice the lights, but Mrs. S says it has lights.

Second, Mrs. S and I are on this no carb thing, so for breakfast we eat basically eggs and meat. I'll get sliced tomatoes at Village Inn, maybe a fruit cup, but that's it. What do we need a buffet for?

Forget Mrs. S and I. What do you need to keep grandchildren happy? Pancakes. Lots of pancakes covered in syrup. Get them stacks of pancakes then have the server bring out a half case of those hand wipes and we're good.

I love my daughter. I do, but she's a yuppie from the word go. She didn't get it from us. I blame the pseudo son-in-law. I knew what was coming. Every time she has a great idea, my billfold starts aching. And like Mrs. S, she knows she has me wrapped right around her finger.

So we're having the brunch buffet at the Safety Harbor Spa, Sunday. I'm not going to say how much it's going to cost, but I don't think I have ever paid that much for breakfast before. In fact, I can remember only a handful of times I've paid that much for any family meal. Sunday will be a first for me. Hope my sweetie doesn't miss her inheritance too much.

Furniture shopping. Oh what fun.

Gonna be a long weekend of me saying, "You want how much for that!"

Not furniture, but appliance (refrigerator specifically) shopping for me.

Oh, and staining and finishing our kitchen cabinets...Joy. Gotta find some thing to keep me busy until the Kentucky game. :lol2:

Not furniture, but appliance (refrigerator specifically) shopping for me.

Oh, and staining and finishing our kitchen cabinets...Joy. Gotta find some thing to keep me busy until the Kentucky game. :lol2:

If you're buying GE I would do it ASAP.