Will Griffey Jr. go into the HOF as a Mariner or Red?

Which team will Griffey, JR enter the HOF with  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Which team will Griffey, JR enter the HOF with

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It doesn't make sense? I think it definitely makes sense...I think he should go in with Seattle and he will...but it does make sense if he chose Cincy. Born and raised her, dad played for them and he did as well. It would make sense if he chose Cincy...but he won't.

He had his best years with the Mariners so I would think that he would go in as an M if everything were equal. However, with the negativity directed towards him from Reds fans over the years due to his injuries I can't think of ANY reason that he'd consider going in as a Red. It seems as though most people on this forum, and even most Reds fans in general, can't wait for him to play his last game in a Cincy uniform. Why would they want him gone and at the same time want him to go in wearing a Reds cap? Why would he even think of giving them the satisfaction? He'll be a Mariner when he goes in, and rightfully so--that fan base appreciated him.

He'll be a Mariner when he goes in, and rightfully so--that fan base appreciated him.

Yeah, forgive we Reds fans for wanting the management to make the move that is in the best interest of the club. Cincinnati fans appreciated Griffey, he just makes to much for his production at the moment, and his career in Cincy has been frustrating for both parties.

If you look at the results you can see that there is some...:thumb:

With it currently 45-8, and among the 45 some of the most die-hard Reds fans on this board, you can't really be serious. There's always going to be some oddball outliers who can't accept reality, and that helps explain the other 8.

With it currently 45-8, and among the 45 some of the most die-hard Reds fans on this board, you can't really be serious. There's always going to be some oddball outliers who can't accept reality, and that helps explain the other 8.

Proud to say I am not an oddball outlier, lol.

He had his best years with the Mariners so I would think that he would go in as an M if everything were equal. However, with the negativity directed towards him from Reds fans over the years due to his injuries I can't think of ANY reason that he'd consider going in as a Red. .

As was stated previously, a HOF committee (Joe Morgan is one of the members) decides which hat a player will wear. The player has zero say.

My vote for him going as a Red was an accident, so that makes 46-7....

He had his best years with the Mariners so I would think that he would go in as an M if everything were equal. However, with the negativity directed towards him from Reds fans over the years due to his injuries I can't think of ANY reason that he'd consider going in as a Red. It seems as though most people on this forum, and even most Reds fans in general, can't wait for him to play his last game in a Cincy uniform. Why would they want him gone and at the same time want him to go in wearing a Reds cap? Why would he even think of giving them the satisfaction? He'll be a Mariner when he goes in, and rightfully so--that fan base appreciated him.

:thumb:

The Cincy fanbase doesn't deserve him wearing a Reds cap in the Hall.