Will Griffey Jr. go into the HOF as a Mariner or Red?

Which team will Griffey, JR enter the HOF with  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Which team will Griffey, JR enter the HOF with

It doesn't make sense? I think it definitely makes sense...I think he should go in with Seattle and he will...but it does make sense if he chose Cincy. Born and raised her, dad played for them and he did as well. It would make sense if he chose Cincy...but he won't.

Thing is players don't choose who they go in with. MLB dictates that.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It doesn't make sense? I think it definitely makes sense...I think he should go in with Seattle and he will...but it does make sense if he chose Cincy. Born and raised her, dad played for them and he did as well. It would make sense if he chose Cincy...but he won't.

Griffey Jr. was not born in Cincinnati.

Do what?

Yep.

Griffey attempted suicide by swallowing 277 aspirin. He ended up in the intensive care unit at Providence Hospital in Mount Airy, Ohio. Griffey was overwhelmed by racial slurs directed at him as well as a tenuous relationship with his father. He rebounded the next year as a big leaguer in top contention for the A.L. Rookie of the Year award, but was thwarted when he slipped in the shower and broke a bone in his right hand in late July, 1989.

Jay Buhner and Edgar Martinez were there also.

Yeah, that is true...but I just didn't add their names to that list because I was thinking they are not as big names still today as the other three.

And I am amazed that I didn't know all that about him being depressed and what not, but I guess I was only four at the time. Still suprised that I never heard any of that.