Celtics 108 Lakers 102 (Game 2)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Serious. He's becoming a force that finally understands his game (for the most part). He's playing great D and running the show at a high level...

I agree, I just can never really tell with you sometimes, lol...especially when you are discussing UK players. But definitely a solid defender, needs to gamble just a lil less, but still solid. Also a good rebounder. He definitely knows how to run this team well.

The differnece in free throw attempts was horrible. Phil Jackson asked how Powe in 16 minutes can shoot more FT's than his whole team. Everyone knows the NBA stands to make a fortune if this goes 7. If the FT's are reversed in games 3-5 the conspiracy theorists will have more amunition.

I'm almost ready to put him up with Paul and Williams...

His offense still has a way to go to catch up with those guys, but he's gaining ground.

Here's a tidbit from the Daily Dime on ESPN-

Rajon Rondo's total of 16 assists was the highest for any player in a Finals game since Magic Johnson had 20 in a losing cause in Game 5 against Chicago in 1991.

The differnece in free throw attempts was horrible. Phil Jackson asked how Powe in 16 minutes can shoot more FT's than his whole team. Everyone knows the NBA stands to make a fortune if this goes 7. If the FT's are reversed in games 3-5 the conspiracy theorists will have more amunition.

I can answer Phil Jackson...

The Boston Celtics weren't settling for jumpshots, and definitely not jump shots with hands in their face. They continually drove the ball to the basket and when that happens you get fouled and sent to the free throw line. I don't think that the referees is the reason for the difference. The Lakers, especially Kobe need to take the ball to the hole more.

I can answer Phil Jackson...

The Boston Celtics weren't settling for jumpshots, and definitely not jump shots with hands in their face. They continually drove the ball to the basket and when that happens you get fouled and sent to the free throw line. I don't think that the referees is the reason for the difference. The Lakers, especially Kobe need to take the ball to the hole more.

Gasol got fouled at least 3 times on shots that weren't called. Boston outplayed them, but the fouls and the fouls shots were a big part of the game. Kobe's 1st 2 were weak at best.

BEAT LA!

But seriously, the end of the game is concerning. Pierce says they got complacent. Well, in the NBA, and especially against Kobe, that is something you can never afford to be. Champions put their boot on the throat and push. Still, the Lakers have to win 4 out of 5 games to win it. I think Boston will get one in LA.

Gasol got fouled at least 3 times on shots that weren't called. Boston outplayed them, but the fouls and the fouls shots were a big part of the game. Kobe's 1st 2 were weak at best.

No more so than the bogus offensive foul called on KG that led to his T....

I am pulling for Boston..................but the calls seemed to be going the Celtic's way during the first 3 quarters(all that I watched).

There was a play in the 2nd quarter that kind of stood out to me, Farmar beat Cassell off the dribble in the lane and when he did Sam just reached out and grabbed his arm and held on while Farmar attempted to throw up a shot. There was no whistle and all the announcers said was that was a terrible shot by Farmar, who just threw it up knowing that a foul was going to be called and hoping to get 2 shots out of it.