Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

U of L 7on7

Featured Replies

The event was won by Bowie H.S. from Arlington, Texas. This competition was attended by teams from Texas, Michigan, Indiana and other states. I saw a couple of games but, the games took place all over campus. Its hard to tell who will be a good team, just by watching 7on7, but you can identify good players. Who impressed you?

  • Replies 37
  • Views 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone have an updates on this? How did Belfry look?

Anyone have an updates on this? How did Belfry look?

 

I'd like to know this as well....

 

From what I have gathered in terms of the overall camp. Male finished second to the team from Texas. Hazard was impressive as they made it to the semi-finals before losing to Male with time expiring with the ball in the Hazard Bulldog's hands.

 

Really interesting to hear how Belfry looked considering that any passing game will be a welcome bonus to go along with the running game they have coming back. The two biggest question marks Belfry has coming into the '08 season is their inexperience in the secondary losing two starters, and ther lack of a proven pass catcher aside from HB Thomas Varney.

I understand St. Xavier forfeited in the semi-finals to the Trinity Trojans of Euless, Texas. Trinity is the defending AAAAA Texas state champs. Apparently Coach Kragthorpe failed to remind the Texans to bring their helmets and Coach Glaser did not want to risk injury and have his Tigers play helmetless. I understand U of L is recruiting one or two of the Trojans and invited them to this tourney.

I understand St. Xavier forfeited in the semi-finals to the Trinity Trojans of Euless, Texas. Trinity is the defending AAAAA Texas state champs. Apparently Coach Kragthorpe failed to remind the Texans to bring their helmets and Coach Glaser did not want to risk injury and have his Tigers play helmetless. I understand U of L is recruiting one or two of the Trojans and invited them to this tourney.

 

Wonder what happened in the earlier games they may have played in ? Did those other teams agree to go helmetless ?

  • Author
I understand St. Xavier forfeited in the semi-finals to the Trinity Trojans of Euless, Texas. Trinity is the defending AAAAA Texas state champs. Apparently Coach Kragthorpe failed to remind the Texans to bring their helmets and Coach Glaser did not want to risk injury and have his Tigers play helmetless. I understand U of L is recruiting one or two of the Trojans and invited them to this tourney.

 

I believe that they didn't wear helmets because it is against their Federation rules. The coaches of the teams that were scheduled to play them were informed of the situation in the pre-contest coach's meeting. Conrats to Doss who also made it to the semis.

Wonder what happened in the earlier games they may have played in ? Did those other teams agree to go helmetless ?

 

It's my understanding the other teams did not wear helmets when they played Trinity.

It's my understanding the other teams did not wear helmets when they played Trinity.

 

Thanks......... from what I have observed....there are occasions when the players get 'tangled up".......hope no one was hurt........

I believe that they didn't wear helmets because it is against their Federation rules. The coaches of the teams that were scheduled to play them were informed of the situation in the pre-contest coach's meeting. Conrats to Doss who also made it to the semis.

 

The Dragons looked good, :thumb:2 Coach Farmer

Thanks......... from what I have observed....there are occasions when the players get 'tangled up".......hope no one was hurt........

 

I think the Texas federation rules are safer...I see a helmet more as a potential weapon against arms,knees and shoulders than as a protective device. Flag kids use those foam things I think for that very reason.

St.X had a couple of injuries this past weekend. Nice call by Coach Glaser.

 

Related to helmet use or non-use?

I think the Texas federation rules are safer...I see a helmet more as a potential weapon against arms,knees and shoulders than as a protective device.

 

I agree completely.

Related to helmet use or non-use?

 

Seems like they should have played, would say 5-6 other teams played without the helmets and came out all right. Coaches were told this in the coaches meeting and it was written in the rules of the tournament.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.