2008 Bell County

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, the Cats lost starting QB Kyle Nelson and RB T.R. Christopher among others (not sure the numbers.) I do know that from speaking with coach Hilton that Shawnta Zachery will most likely be the primary signal caller. Also, Spencer Greer will be a solid running back, with some good backups - including incoming freshman Dominic Carton.

I'm not too sure how the Defense will be this season - as I'm anxious to hear BellAlumni40 and Log Mountain Boy comment.

In my opinion, should be yet another solid team - and promising year for the Bobcats.

Well, the Cats lost starting QB Kyle Nelson and RB T.R. Christopher among others (not sure the numbers.) I do know that from speaking with coach Hilton that Shawnta Zachery will most likely be the primary signal caller. Also, Spencer Greer will be a solid running back, with some good backups - including incoming freshman Dominic Carton.

I'm not too sure how the Defense will be this season - as I'm anxious to hear BellAlumni40 and Log Mountain Boy comment.

In my opinion, should be yet another solid team - and promising year for the Bobcats.

What effect will the New Super have on Hilton and this years team? How many votes have they taken so far and is it still 2, 2 , to 1? They do not meet again until the last of this month if I am correct. This is turning out to be very interesting and could play a major role in the football at Bell High down the road.

Offense should be strong, as good as any Bell has put on the field in a long time. The defense lost some really good players (Nelson, Mason, and Henderson) they will be searching for some players in key roles. They have some capable coaches on the defensive side and will get the job done.

I believe one huge thing this team has in its favor is experience. Zachary, Greer, Simpson, Harbin, Simpson, etc have all had playing time since they were freshmen. Im anxious to see this team play. I know the coachign staff and the players are working very hard getting ready for the upcoming season.

I don't mean this in a negative way, but why are some many kids trying to transfer into KC?

Eligibility is no longer a case of just changing address like it was a few years ago.

Carton will be wearing the blue and white this year and according to the coaches he will put up some big numbers carrying the ball. Him and Greer will make a nice 1-2 punch in the backfield.

No one would take that negatively.

Why wouldn't he be eligible if he changes addresses? It sounds like a high-profile player in another county is getting eligible without even doing that.

HDE I am not sure which situation you are talking about? I think we all agree KHSAA does some crazy stuff.

My point about KC is why do those kids want to go their? How many players have they sent to the next level? How many all-state players have they produced? How much sucess have they had?

I will answer not much. Just does not seem like a hotbed of talent.

Mtn. Stomper I think you are talking about a Davenport kid? If I am not mistaken he should be a freshman this year? Maybe someone can tell us for sure.

My point about KC is why do those kids want to go their? How many players have they sent to the next level? How many all-state players have they produced? How much sucess have they had?

I will answer not much. Just does not seem like a hotbed of talent.

I can think of at least two who played in the NFL.

KC is a program on the rise. Think not so much of history but of the future when it comes to this program.