2008 Bell County

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are the Davenport boys going to Knox this year?

Are you kidding??? 1st Carton and now the Davenport's?? What is with you and the Knox Central stuff???

No they will not be a Knox I feel safe to say, I have not talked to the Coaches in a few days but I would defiantly not see that happening.

Bell returns all there backs except Christopher from last year.

You Bell Co Fans I have a question? Coach Hilton likes to run some three (3) back "O" who will be the FB and other HB. I know you will have Greer @ one HB.

Carton should be the HB, and if im not wrong should'nt Gooden #32 be returning at FB?

Edited by NothingTrivial
Punctuation

• 2 weeks later...
Not KC, but have considered the new Harlan school I've heard. Depends on how the "favors" play out at Bell.

Favors and Bell County do not go together. Some kids don't want to work for their oppurtunity. I seriously doubt either of those kids are that way knowing there daddy. He is/was a hard worker in athletics and in his occupation I would imagine they are the same way.

Bell will also benefit from having 6 games at home this year. Last year they only had 3 and went undefeated in the regular season. And the trips that would be close, like to Middlesboro and Corbin obviously don't happen anymore either. When Bell Co. goes on a road trip they usually have to travel quite a long ways.

Harlan County is just up the road, hopefully next season the two will play and start a long fruitful love/hate series. Larkey/Hilton makes for some good showdowns.

Not KC, but have considered the new Harlan school I've heard. Depends on how the "favors" play out at Bell.

What position does this Davenport kid play? I don't recall that name. The Harlan County Black Bear Freshmen team is stacked!! I hope he's a hard worker! I wouldn't think that "favors" happens much in Bell Co. Just an outsiders opinion, but I don't think Dudley would have the success he has had playing favors.

What position does this Davenport kid play? I don't recall that name. The Harlan County Black Bear Freshmen team is stacked!! I hope he's a hard worker! I wouldn't think that "favors" happens much in Bell Co. Just an outsiders opinion, but I don't think Dudley would have the success he has had playing favors.

Someone in the know will have to correct me if I am wrong but I think the oldest was a freshman last year and played some on defense as the 3rd or 4 conerback and on special teams?

The eldest, Cody, will be a sophmore, (he's the one who ran down Winston Guy from the other side of the field in that opening kickoff last year), and the other is Cory who was the middle school half back last year. He will be the freshman. Cody played some receiver and corner and Cory plays corner and halfback.

I can tell you this, if they go to Harlan Co. They will not beat Bell before they graduate. Both are good players and will contribute to the program just like every other player has for Dudley, team will always be first. Smoothun you need to ask some of the other good players that played at Bell and they will tell you its all about the team.( Scott Chaney, Shawn Robbins, Phillip Green, and 25 others that wished that they could have carried it 25 times a game. It will not happen at Bell with no RB.)

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

The eldest, Cody, will be a sophmore, (he's the one who ran down Winston Guy from the other side of the field in that opening kickoff last year), and the other is Cory who was the middle school half back last year. He will be the freshman. Cody played some receiver and corner and Cory plays corner and halfback.

It's called having the right angle. and nothing more. Winston Guy is 4.4 Cody is 4.7?