2008 Bell County

I played with some you mentioned above and about 25 more at Bell. I know all about angle and 4.4 vs. 4.7. Sometimes it's not all about that. Sometimes it's about heart and determination. I recall very keenly on 3 or 4 kids that gave up very quickly on Guy on that play. It's not about the team for some of the kids. I know 95 percent of them personally and have been around them since they started in the K-2 program. Old school is not around anymore. Kids are different these days. As for them 2 boys, I know them kids won't go anywhere but Bell. And I agree, they would be 0-4 against Bell. Their dad played when the school first opened and has coached in the k-8 for the last 11 yrs. To much tradition in that family. To say they would not go to Bell is blasphemy. hehe

Edited by smoothun
add more

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's good to see Bo Calebs back in the Bell coaches line-up. Some good ole school coachin'. A definate asset.

Yes it is good to hear Bo is back around. He will be a good coach and person for the players to learn from.

Jeff Howard also! Missed opportunity by the coaching staff.

I've not seen him up there. He was there about half a practice one day. He would be an asset to the freshman team. They are short handed on coaches and could use a couple more.

I can tell you this, if they go to Harlan Co. They will not beat Bell before they graduate. Both are good players and will contribute to the program just like every other player has for Dudley, team will always be first. Smoothun you need to ask some of the other good players that played at Bell and they will tell you its all about the team.( Scott Chaney, Shawn Robbins, Phillip Green, and 25 others that wished that they could have carried it 25 times a game. It will not happen at Bell with no RB.)

I meant to included this quote with my other comment. :sleep: I thought Howard was a greeat RB between the tackles and should have got more carries.

I meant to included this quote with my other comment. :sleep: I thought Howard was a greeat RB between the tackles and should have got more carries.

I thought Bell Co. used him quite well. He had some good games running the ball his senior year. He was a very tough kid and was a huge asset to Bell County's football team. His little brother is tougher than nails from what I understand.

I thought Bell Co. used him quite well. He had some good games running the ball his senior year. He was a very tough kid and was a huge asset to Bell County's football team. His little brother is tougher than nails from what I understand.

Any details on the brother? Grade, position, size, etc.?