Kentucky Colonels Summer Baseball Season

A rumor going around the ball park tonight was that current Kentucky Colonel Pat Maronde older brother Nick, will be playing summer baseball this season for the Kentucky Colonels. Both Pat and Nick will be joining the Colonels as soon as LexCath finishes their baseball season. Again, just a "rumor" that I heard going around tonight but if this is true, WOW........

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kentucky Colonels 3 Midland Indians 4.

"You know I truly don't understand why more baseball fans don't come out to these games. The weather was beautiful, the cost to attend is nothing, the stadium and field are outstanding, you can bring your own drinks and food with no hassles and the game, well it is a better product than what you find at Champion Window Field when the Freedom play."

Probably because they are not the only game in town. Do you have any idea how many high school aged teams are playing summer ball right now. There are 32+/- teams in the 17 and 18 year old divisions of the SWOL alone not counting the teams that are not affiliated with any organization. People have better things to do. POP!!!

While I will agree with you and I do understand about the number of teams playing, I hear so many people (adults and teenagers) complaining about there being nothing to do, or the cost to do anything is so..... expensive, when (if at least you live in NKy) you could have a great evening out for literally no cost to you, and be entrained watching a very competitive baseball game. It could be at the Colonels games, the Kings games or anyone of the many summer leagues games in our area where you can sit and relax in the outdoors, be entrained for next to nothing and do something besides sitting at home in front of the idiot box, watching summer reruns.

I will say this, at least in NKy you won't find a nicer complex to sit and watch a baseball game at, than the Kentucky Colonels complex at St. Henry.

The latest rumor since that one (LOL), is that Nick is now going to play for a team in Florida. This would make sense.

A rumor going around the ball park tonight was that current Kentucky Colonel Pat Maronde older brother Nick, will be playing summer baseball this season for the Kentucky Colonels. Both Pat and Nick will be joining the Colonels as soon as LexCath finishes their baseball season. Again, just a "rumor" that I heard going around tonight but if this is true, WOW........

The Kentucky Colonels bats came alive this morning as the Colonels blasted out 12 hits to beat the LIDS Indiana Bulls White from Indianapolis, Indiana by a score of 10-6 in the Colonels Tournament @ St. Henry.

The Kentucky Colonels pitching:

E.J. Murray

121 pitches 5 complete innings 28 PA 6 hits 6 runs 3 earned runs 4 walks and 3 K's

Zach Isler

25 pitches 2 complete innings 8 PA 2 hits 0 runs 0 earned runs 0 walks and 2 K's

The Kentucky Colonels hitters:

4 PA 2 hits triple and 2 rbi's Elliott

4 PA and 1 hit Maddox

4 PA and 2 walks Maile

4 PA 1 run and 1 hit Isler

4 PA 3 runs 3 hits and 1 sb Krohman

3 PA 1 run 1 walk 1 K 1 hbp and 1 sb Nutini

1 PA and 1 K Uhl

3 PA 1 run 1 hit and 1 rbi Darner

3 PA 2 runs 2 hits triple 3 rbi's and reached base via E-9 Etscheid

3 PA 1 run 1 hit 2 rbi's 1 sf and 1 K Hitchcock

2 PA 1 run 1 hit and 1 rbi Smallwood

The games this afternoon were called due to rain starting with the Kentucky Colonels vs the Illinois Sparks (Chicago) at 3pm.

I have no idea of how, or even if these games will be rescheduled. For that kind of information please go to the Kentucky Colonels web page.

The Ky Colonels behind the pitching of Brice Smallwood and Cody Elliott shut out the Ohio Yankee's while the Colonels score 4 runs to win the 10am Saturday morning game in the TRAVIS ALIG / TOM “MO” MORRIS 2008 MEMORIAL INVITATIONAL TOURNAMENT at St. Henry.

Ky Colonels pitching

Brice Smallwood

103 pitches 6 complete innings 29 PA 3 hits 0 runs 0 earned runs 6 walks and 4 K's

Cody Elliott

29 pitches 1 complete inning 6 PA 1 hit 0 runs 0 earned runs 1 walk and 2 K's

Ky. Colonels hitting

3 PA and 1 walk Elliott

3 PA 1 run 2 hits 1 so and 1 sb Nutini

3 PA 1 hit Maile

2 PA 2 this Isler

3 PA 1 rbi and 1 sac Krohman

2 PA 1 run and 2 hits Darner

1 PA 1 hit triple Estcheid

3 PA 1 run 1 hit and 1 K Holocher

2 PA 1 run 1 hit and 1 rbi Towles

2 PA 1 hit double 2 rbi's and 1 K Sullivan

2 PA 1 walk and 1 K Hoskins

Game of the day was the 12:30pm game which saw the Kentucky Bearcats beating the Illinois Sparks (Chicago) by a score of 3-2. This game featured some great pitching and some excellent fielding plays, and was a give and take battle. Outstanding game to watch.

The Ky Colonels lost the 8pm game under the lights against the LIDS Indiana Bulls Black. Not looking to use this as an excuse, but the Colonels players had to be at St. Henry and at CovCath at 8am to get the fields ready for play after the washouts on Friday, so by the time the 8pm game came around the boy's seemed a bit sluggish after a long, long day.

It is a blast to watch Cody Elliott and Brandon Nutini cover the outfield like they do with the arms that they both have as they gun down runner who dare try to take an extra base on them.

Ky Colonels pitching

Brad krohman

123 pitches 7 complete innings 38 PA 15 hits 8 runs 8 earned runs 4 walks and 3 K's

Ky Colonels hitters

3 PA 1 run 1 hit 1 rbi 1 K and 1 sb Elliott

3 PA 1 run 1 hit 1 rbi 1 K and 1 sb Nutini

3 PA 1 hit triple 1 rbi and 1 walk Maile

Pinch Runner for Catcher Maile 1 sb Hoskins

3 PA 1 K and reached base via fc Isler

3 PA 1 walk and 1 K Darner

3 PA Maddox

3 PA and 1 K Adams

2 PA and 2 K Etschied

1 PA and 1 hit Nichols

2 PA 1 run 1 hit 1 sb Murray

1 PA Craig

2 PA and 1 K Hitchcock

The final day @ The TRAVIS ALIG / TOM “MO” MORRIS 2008 MEMORIAL INVITATIONAL TOURNAMENT finds the following games being played on Father's Day starting at 10:00am @ St. Henry

LIDS Indiana Bulls Black (Indy) vs. Illinois Sparks

10am

Cuyahoga Falls) vs. LIDS Indiana Bulls White (Indy) @ 12:30pm[/b]

I'm pretty sure the Bulls are very strong every year.

Oldguy, have you seen any college coaches at these games?

Bull are always very, very good, but I really think the game would have been closer if the Colonels hadn't had to put in the huge amount of work at 8am at both St. Henry and CovCath to get the fields in playing condition. Makes for a long, long day.......for these young men.

Colleges that I saw in attendance and I am sure there were more in other parts of the stadium:

Eastern Kentucky University from the OVC

Murray State University from the OVC

Indiana University from the Big Ten

College of the Cumberland's

Ball State of the MAC

Thomas More College

LA Dodgers MLB

UC from Big East

UofL from the Big East

Xavier from A10

I will check on the list at the front gate Sunday morning, to see all who were in attendance.

Bull are always very, very good, but I really think the game would have been closer if the Colonels hadn't had to put in the huge amount of work at 8am at both St. Henry and CovCath to get the fields in playing condition. Makes for a long, long day.......for these young men.

Colleges that I saw in attendance and I am sure there were more in other parts of the stadium:

Eastern Kentucky University from the OVC

Murray State University from the OVC

Indiana University from the Big Ten

College of the Cumberland's

Ball State of the MAC

Thomas More College

LA Dodgers MLB

UC from Big East

UofL from the Big East

Xavier from A10

I will check on the list at the front gate Sunday morning, to see all who were in attendance.

The below information is from the sign in sheet at the front gate, besides the ones that I have already posted, the following were also in attendance:

University of Dayton of the A10

New York Yankees MLB

Cincinnati Reds MLB

Brescia University

Michigan State

Austin Peay of the OVC

University of Kentucky from the SEC

Kent State of the MAC

Morehead State University of the OVC

Western Kentucky University of the Sunbelt Conference

Purdue of the Big Ten

Northern Kentucky University

Seattle Seahawks MLB

Chicago White Sox MLB

Miami of Ohio of the MAC

Campbellville College

Ky. Colonels 4 Ky Baseball Club 0 in an outstanding pitchers duel between the two teams to close out the Travis Alig/Tom "MO" Morris 2008 Memorial Invitational Tournament in fine fashion.

Matt Nichols, in front of his soon to be college baseball coach (Morehead State) the former Dixie Heights pitcher showed why he was the best pitcher in the Ninth Region this season and one of the best pitchers in the Commonwealth. Matt went 5 complete innings of not only shutting out the Ky. Baseball Club, but Matt had a no, no and a perfect game before Walt took him out. Matt was in such complete control that he threw only a total of 57 pitches in those 5 complete innings and only threw a total of 20 that were called balls to his catcher.

Matt was indeed helped by the Ky. Colonels SS Tyler Holocher who made an outstanding play in the top of the fourth by going deep in the hole between second and third and then gunning out the runner at first. Tyler is playing some outstanding "D" this summer!

Ky Colonels pitching:

Matt Nichols

57 pitches 5 complete innings 15 PA 0 hit 0 runs 0 earned runs 0 walks and 4 K's

David Etscheid

33 pitches 2 complete innings 9 PA 2 hits 0 runs 0 earned runs 2 walks

and 1 k

Ky Colonels hitters:

3 PA 2 runs 2 hits triple 2 sb and reached base via fc Elliott

3 PA 1 run 1 walk and 2 K's Nutini

3 PA 1 run 2 hits 1 rbi and 1 walk Maile (he used a wooden bat)

2 PA and 2 K's Isler

1 PA Craig

2 PA 1 hit double 2 rbi's and 1 walk Darner

1 PA and 1 K Maddox

3 PA Adams

2 PA and 2 K's Hoskins

1 PA Hitchcock

2 PA and 2 K's Towles

2 PA and 1 K Holocher

2 PA and 1 walk Sullivan

On behalf of the Coaches, Players and Parents, thank you to all those who came out to watch these games.

The Colonels are off on Monday but play the Midland Braves @ St. Henry at 6:30pm on Tuesday.

Ky. Colonels 4 Ky Baseball Club 0 in an outstanding pitchers duel between the two teams to close out the Travis Alig/Tom "MO" Morris 2008 Memorial Invitational Tournament in fine fashion.

Matt Nichols, in front of his soon to be college baseball coach (Morehead State) the former Dixie Heights pitcher showed why he was the best pitcher in the Ninth Region this season and one of the best pitchers in the Commonwealth. Matt went 5 complete innings of not only shutting out the Ky. Baseball Club, but Matt had a no, no and a perfect game before Walt took him out. Matt was in such complete control that he threw only a total of 57 pitches in those 5 complete innings and only threw a total of 20 that were called balls to his catcher.

Matt was indeed helped by the Ky. Colonels SS Tyler Holocher who made an outstanding play in the top of the fourth by going deep in the hole between second and third and then gunning out the runner at first. Tyler is playing some outstanding "D" this summer!

Ky Colonels pitching:

Matt Nichols

57 pitches 5 complete innings 15 PA 0 hit 0 runs 0 earned runs 0 walks and 4 K's

David Etscheid

33 pitches 2 complete innings 9 PA 2 hits 0 runs 0 earned runs 2 walks

and 1 k

Ky Colonels hitters:

3 PA 2 runs 2 hits triple 2 sb and reached base via fc Elliott

3 PA 1 run 1 walk and 2 K's Nutini

3 PA 1 run 2 hits 1 rbi and 1 walk Maile (he used a wooden bat)

2 PA and 2 K's Isler

1 PA Craig

2 PA 1 hit double 2 rbi's and 1 walk Darner

1 PA and 1 K Maddox

3 PA Adams

2 PA and 2 K's Hoskins

1 PA Hitchcock

2 PA and 2 K's Towles

2 PA and 1 K Holocher

2 PA and 1 walk Sullivan

On behalf of the Coaches, Players and Parents, thank you to all those who came out to watch these games.

The Colonels are off on Monday but play the Midland Braves @ St. Henry at 6:30pm on Tuesday.

Old Guy,

I gotta give you credit for your passion and effort! You are amazing!

You're better than a sports center update! It is truly refreshing to read your love of the game; and for these kids in these posts!!!:thumb:

The below information is from the sign in sheet at the front gate, besides the ones that I have already posted, the following were also in attendance:

University of Dayton of the A10

New York Yankees MLB

Cincinnati Reds MLB

Brescia University

Michigan State

Austin Peay of the OVC

University of Kentucky from the SEC

Kent State of the MAC

Morehead State University of the OVC

Western Kentucky University of the Sunbelt Conference

Purdue of the Big Ten

Northern Kentucky University

Seattle Seahawks MLB

Chicago White Sox MLB

Miami of Ohio of the MAC

Campbellville College

saw the same group at the Ohio Valley Classic at Thomas More watching the Ky Kings and beat Midland Braves I believe the Seattle scout was behind the plate!!! What a view for a scout. Sounds like a great weekend of baseball for the Nky boys of summer!!!!!

Old Guy,

I gotta give you credit for your passion and effort! You are amazing!

You're better than a sports center update! It is truly refreshing to read your love of the game; and for these kids in these posts!!!:thumb:

Thank you for the kind words!