Kentucky Colonels Summer Baseball Season

The Kentucky Colonels summer baseball season starts Friday May 30th.

The Kentucky Colonels web site can be accessed by clicking this link: Kentucky Colonels There you will find a roster, schedules and a lot of information about the Kentucky Colonels.

The Colonels first game of the the 2008 summer season will be this Friday night May 30th vs. the Kentucky Kings (Sumpter) @ St. Henry at 6:30pm.

I would hope like last year, we can get all the game stats and scores out to those who enjoy reading about some of the best baseball players in Northern Kentucky playing the game they love to play, and we fans love to watch and read about.

I will be unable to attend the first game of the season as I will be over at Champion Window Field watching the CovCath vs. NewCath Ninth Region Finals, so I hope that someone can give us some information about what happened at the game.

I will however be attending the June 1 Saturday's games @ St. Henry to watch the 10am game vs. JB Yeager team and the 3:30pm game vs. Ohio Heat

Good luck gentlemen and I look forward to a great summer season of baseball....

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Kentucky Colonels summer baseball season starts Friday May 30th.

The Kentucky Colonels web site can be accessed by clicking this link: Kentucky Colonels There you will find a roster, schedules and a lot of information about the Kentucky Colonels.

The Colonels first game of the the 2008 summer season will be this Friday night May 30th vs. the Kentucky Kings (Sumpter) @ St. Henry at 6:30pm.

I would hope like last year, we can get all the game stats and scores out to those who enjoy reading about some of the best baseball players in Northern Kentucky playing the game they love to play, and we fans love to watch and read about.

I will be unable to attend the first game of the season as I will be over at Champion Window Field watching the CovCath vs. NewCath Ninth Region Finals, so I hope that someone can give us some information about what happened at the game.

I will however be attending the June 1 Saturday's games @ St. Henry to watch the 10am game vs. JB Yeager team and the 3:30pm game vs. Ohio Heat

Good luck gentlemen and I look forward to a great summer season of baseball....

Their website looks eerily similiar to BGP. :sssh:

Thanks Baseballguy.....

Sorry, I was up late (at least for a oldlguy) the night before watching the Boone County vs. NCC game and I was just too tired to double check my posting before I went to bed last night and yes I went to bed at 9pm.:eek:

Again, sorry for my mistake and thank you Baseballguy, for bailing me out!

Anyone know who won this game tonight?

The Kentucky Colonels score twice in the bottom of the 7th to pull out a win against The Kings at St. Henry 12-11. This was a well played game with tons of hitting and a tribute to all the talent that exist in NKY. Each teams goes with 11 players, short due to regional play and graduation. A fun night to watch excellent baseball, with great hitting and solid play by two teams who respect each other and seemed to enjoy competing against each other.

Kings:

O'Hare 2-4 nice relief performance

Allen 2-4 2 RBI

Meier 2-4 2 RBI

Renda 2-4 3 RBI

Krohman 2-3

Leatherbee 1-2 2 SB + multiple highlight reel plays at SS

Colonels:

Elliott 2-4 Triple-ridiculous speed on the base pass

Parrott 2-4 1 RBI- Nice to see him play again

Krohman 2-3 3 RBI- Came up big

Towels 2-3 1 RBI

Smallwood 2-3 2 RBI

Excellent game!!!!

Kentucky Colonels 10 vs. JB Yeager 2 Saturday May 31st 10am @ St. Henry

The Ky Colonels started the morning hot by sending 10 hitters to the plate in the very first inning to take a 4-0 lead and they never looked back.

Big games by Maile, Isler and Brad Krohman.

Ky. Colonels Pitching:

Brice Smallwood (Dixie 2010)

45 pitches 3 complete innings 15 AB 3 hits 0 runs 0 earned runs 2 walks 2 K's

Clint Hoskins (Connor 2008)

60 pitches 4 complete innings 21 AB 4 hits 2 runs 2 earned runs 3 walks 0 K's

Ky. Colonels hitters

4 AB 2 runs 1 hit double and reached base via E-6 Elloitt

4 AB 2 runs 2 hits double and 1 walk Parrott

4 AB 2 runs 2 hits double HR (365 #1) 4 rbi's and 1 sac Maile

2 AB 1 run 1 hit Krohman

2 AB 1 run 1 walk, and reached base via E-3 Etscheid

4 AB 1 run 3 hits 2 rbi's and reached base via fc Isler

4 AB 1 run 1 walk 1 k and 1 hpb Sullivan

4 AB 1 hit and 2 walks Hitchcock

4 AB 2 walks and reached base via fc Craig

3 AB and 1 walk Uhl

Edited by Theoldguy

Kentucky Colonels 13 vs Ohio Heat 16 Saturday May 31th 3:30pm @ St. Henry

The Ky Colonels lead by a score of 8-3 after four complete innings while Junior CovCath pitcher Zach Isler was pitching and were in cruse control, and looking to win their third straight game of the young summer season of baseball, but no one told the Ohio Heat. The Ohio Heat got hot and scored 13 runs off of St. Henry Andrew Hitchcock to win this game by a score of 16-13. I must admit, it was strange to see a summer baseball game where a team was bunting runners along and moving pitches in and out of the game, but I guess the Heat wanted to put a notch in there belts against the Colonels today...

Ky. Colonels pitching

Zach Isler (CovCath 2009)

70 pitches 4 complete innings 19 AB 6 hits 3 runs 3 earned runs 2 walks 2 K's

Andrew Hitchcock (St. Henry 2009)

79 pitches 3 complete innings 25 AB 11 hits 13 runs 13 earned runs 5 walks 0 K's

Ky. Colonels hitters

5 PA 1 run and 2 hits double Elliott

5 PA 1 run 1 walk and 2 K's Parrott

5 PA 1 run 1 hit reached base via E-5 and E-6 Maile

5 PA 2 runs 3 hits double Isler

5 PA 2 runs 2 hits double HR (350 #1) and reached base fc Krohman

4 PA 2 runs 1 hit and 2 walks Sullivan

4 PA 1 run 1 hit and 2 walks Holocher

4 PA 1 hit and reached base via fc Hitchcock

2 PA reached base via fc and E-2 Smallwood

2 PA 1 K and reached base via E-2 Estcheid

4 PA 1 run 2 hits and reached base via E-4

He left a kid in that gave up 13 earned runs?

The Colonels had a lot of players missing today due to graducation and or playing, had been playing or still playing in the HS tourney, but Walt believes in finishing what you started.....

Missing today were

Tent Maddox Gallatin County

Brandon Nutini CovCath

Thomas Towles Ft. Thomas Highlands

Ryan Darner CovCath

Matt Nichols Dixie

Patrick Maronde LexCath

Zac Adams Scott

E.J. Murray Scott

The Colonels had a lot of players missing today due to graducation and or playing, had been playing or still playing in the HS tourney, but Walt believes in finishing what you started.....

Missing today were

Tent Maddox Gallatin County

Brandon Nutini CovCath

Thomas Towles Ft. Thomas Highlands

Ryan Darner CovCath

Matt Nichols Dixie

Patrick Maronde LexCath

Zac Adams Scott

E.J. Murray Scott

Maronde is playing for Walt?

Want to spend a beautiful day outside watching some great baseball, with out spending a fortune in gas money, or ball park food? Come on out Sunday June 1st as The Kentucky Colonels host the following teams @ St. Henry. Bring your kids, a cooler of cokes or cold water, some snacks, and some sunscreen, and watch some exciting baseball that will cost you nothing but your gas money to the game and what you bring.

10am will bring you the host Ky. Colonels vs. Patterson Park @ St. Henry

12:30 will pit the Kentucky Kings (Mullins) vs Patterson Park @ St. Henry

3:30 will pit the Ky. Colonels vs. Ky. Kings (Mullins) @ St. Henry

So there you go, for the price of your gas, bringing a cooler from home full of good stuff (no Alcohol please) to drink and eat, some sunscreen, and you are set for a day of some great baseball....