Kentucky Colonels Summer Baseball Season

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How does the Colonels 16U team match up to other teams in the area, including Midland and the Cincinnatti Flames?

No offense to the Colonels 16U team, but they won't be even close to matching up to the Midland Braves (16U) team. The Braves are annually one of the best 16U teams in the entire country. The spend much of their season playing against 18U teams and in 18U tournaments. In fact, they beat the 18U Colonels this past summer 8-0. It should be pointed out, however, that about 3/4 of the Braves team is not even from the Cincinnati/NKY area. They have players from all over the country. Tough to put together an all-NKY team and compete against a team stocked with some of the top talent from across the nation.

I think that the class of 2011 might be one of the best that NKY has seen in quite along time, Baseball over the next couple of years should be very fun to watch.

Based on what? I don't see the talent level at this age as any significantly better - or worse, for that matter - than 2008, 2009, or 2010 or any other past years.

No offense to the Colonels 16U team, but they won't be even close to matching up to the Midland Braves (16U) team. The Braves are annually one of the best 16U teams in the entire country. The spend much of their season playing against 18U teams and in 18U tournaments. In fact, they beat the 18U Colonels this past summer 8-0. It should be pointed out, however, that about 3/4 of the Braves team is not even from the Cincinnati/NKY area. They have players from all over the country. Tough to put together an all-NKY team and compete against a team stocked with some of the top talent from across the nation.

With respect to everyone as well. This 16U team is as talented as any group around. This group will give many 18U teams a run for their money, and no I don't have a son on this team, but I have seen this group play for their own various teams over the years, and this is a very solid group.

Based on what? I don't see the talent level at this age as any significantly better - or worse, for that matter - than 2008, 2009, or 2010 or any other past years.

Well said. Lots of individual talent during the past ten years, not to mention some of the best teams in the state in some of those years...Dixie, Cov. Cath, Boone, BWood and Ryle to name just a few. Lots of players have gone on to the next level and several to the pros.

TOG, did you quit going to the games this summer, or just stopped reporting all the details when the results were not favorable. The paper in the article about the 16U team being added said the Colonels went 30-20 this summer. Reliable sources have reported to me and others that the record was actually 20-30. Can you put us straight? The scores being reported on their web page stopped within the first couple of weeks of the summer. What gives? Just looking for the facts.

TOG, did you quit going to the games this summer, or just stopped reporting all the details when the results were not favorable. The paper in the article about the 16U team being added said the Colonels went 30-20 this summer. Reliable sources have reported to me and others that the record was actually 20-30. Can you put us straight? The scores being reported on their web page stopped within the first couple of weeks of the summer. What gives? Just looking for the facts.

The Colonels are VERY concerned with their record. Walt needs more trophies for his bookshelf. I think it's his top priority, Walt makes it clear that he is focused on winning games because after 14 years in the bigs, he's very concerned with our opinion of him; as opposed to developing and getting kids into college baseball. The fact that every kid who wanted to play college baseball has received that opportunity under his watch is a low priority and an accident. Btw... I think they are more like 5 and 45....they're terrible! Don't put your kid under a guy with his resume who can make one phone call and have 20 scouts at your kid's practice....I'm sure he'd rather win a trophy. The reason they supposedly stopped posting stats is probably because they're so pathetic they don't even keep 'em very well! Ask the kids who play for him, they will tell you...it's just terrible! :thumb: