Kentucky Colonels Summer Baseball Season

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2,maybe 3.Already have made an offer to 1 who has accepted .Nothing that doesn't happen almost every year.

The shame is telling players if they want to play for the 18's they need to play for the 16's now.What a shame if this is true.

Just curious.Maybe The Old Guy can help here.What is so great about playing for the Colonels that apparently separates them from the others in the area?

Well one thing for certain, at least on the BGP's that is, they get a whole lot more exposure, than any other summer baseball team! :D This thread has been going strong since May 29th 2008.

Look at both roster and you tell me what you think of them?

Don't know if that is true or not, (really I truly don't) but if it is, what's so wrong with it? You don't want to play for them at the U-16 level, then why would you want to play for them on the U-18 level?

As promised The U-18 Kentucky Colonels 2009 Roster

Kentucky Colonels
Manager: Walt Terrell
Coaches: Dennis Taney
Jim Arlinghaus
Brad Arlinghaus

# Name
TYLER BRAKE Conner
JERAMIE CONNOR NCC
3 D.C. CRAIG Carrol Count
20 RYAN DARNER CovCath
11 DAVID ETSCHEID Ryle
7 ANDREW HITCHCOCK St. Henry
2 TYLER HOLOCHER CovCath
13 ZACH ISLER CovCath
MARK KELLY NCC
4 TRENT MADDOX Gallatin County
21 LUKE MAILE CovCaht and the University of Kentucky
31 PATRICK MARONDE LexCath
TANNER MILES
48 E.J. MURRAY Scott
5 BRANDON NUTINI CovCath
TRENT PICKETT
AUSTIN PUGH
ANDY ROENKER Cov Holy Cross
JAKE SAMAD
WILL SHUTTLEWORTH
6 BRICE SMALLWOOD Dixie
A.J. SMITH Beechwood
BRETT STANSBERRY
44 MIKE SULLIVAN Cov Holy Cross
A.J. VANN

See above for some of the HS that I think they are attending.

This looks to be a competive Team. However I don't see that they have set themselves apart from any of the other 16 and under teams in NKY. Seems that just a few players have decided that the grass might be more green there than it was with their 2008 team. Looks like the two teams that might have been hurt the most are the Kings (I have heard that they folded though) and the Titans.

I think that the class of 2011 might be one of the best that NKY has seen in quite along time, Baseball over the next couple of years should be very fun to watch.

Is there a potential conflict when you have a high school coach on the staff in that he may choose to keep his players over others in order to watch them or to see them play a certain level of competition?

Seems to me that would be a smart thing to do. Isn't that the high school coaches job is to ensure that his school program gets better.

Seems to me that would be a smart thing to do. Isn't that the high school coaches job is to ensure that his school program gets better.

Ergo the conflict. If its a "tryout" situation yet the coach gets to keep his players its not truly a tryout situation. Its more of a formation of a team.

Ergo the conflict. If its a "tryout" situation yet the coach gets to keep his players its not truly a tryout situation. Its more of a formation of a team.

That is the correct, it is a team formation. There are always numerous reasons why a team is started.

A select team means that exactly. The coach selects his players for whatever reason. Maybe some players are more coachable or have more heart or passion. Maybe they want to make them better for their high school program. Therefore the best players might not always be picked out of a tryout situation.

This looks to be a competive Team. However I don't see that they have set themselves apart from any of the other 16 and under teams in NKY. Seems that just a few players have decided that the grass might be more green there than it was with their 2008 team. Looks like the two teams that might have been hurt the most are the Kings (I have heard that they folded though) and the Titans.

I think that the class of 2011 might be one of the best that NKY has seen in quite along time, Baseball over the next couple of years should be very fun to watch.

Luke Schmits on the roster good to see. I know Daddy's proud. :dancingpa