Anyone remember Van Leunens?

98NCCalum

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember Van Leunens? Of course. Do you remember China-town or Rinks?

I was just going to say the same thing. Our age is showing. I remember when Rinks in Ft. Mitchell was Grants, featuring the ever popular Bradford Restaurant.

Can you imagine naming a place China Town in this day and age? Totally un-PC.

I was just going to say the same thing. Our age is showing. I remember when Rinks in Ft. Mitchell was Grants, featuring the ever popular Bradford Restaurant.

Can you imagine naming a place China Town in this day and age? Totally un-PC.

:lol:Forgot about Grants and their restaurant. My dad loved to eat there. Seems like we went there quite frequently..And you can't forget Robertsons Restaurant which was also on the same piece of property.

:lol:Forgot about Grants and their restaurant. My dad loved to eat there. Seems like we went there quite frequently..And you can't forget Robertsons Restaurant which was also on the same piece of property.

Had my first date with my husband there. Best hush puppies around. Remember the big EAT sign that you could see from the expressway?

God I feel old!

Had my first date with my husband there. Best hush puppies around.

God I feel old!

:cool:How nice...Seems as though I ended up there after a few late nights at some of the local establishments that served adult beverages. Seems to me they also had pretty good biscuits and gravy..

:cool:How nice...Seems as though I ended up there after a few late nights at some of the local establishments that served adult beverages. Seems to me they also had pretty good biscuits and gravy..

You are talking about the DOWNSTAIRS of Robertsons! There was a bar down there.

Upstairs was just a burger, fries, and chicken place for us younger folk.

You are talking about the DOWNSTAIRS of Robertsons! There was a bar down there.

Upstairs was just a burger, fries, and chicken place for us younger folk.

Yea ok..I think I do remember stumbling downstairs a time or two..:lol: The good old days...God I miss them.

If you remember Rinks then how about Ontario's. That used to be the Saturday shopping, Walgreen's for medicine, Rink's for groceries and Ontario's for just about anything else...and an occasional trip to Van Leunens and/or Gold Circle.