How are you coping with rising gas costs?

UKPat02

Haven't changed anything and probably won't.

I guess not, considering your situation. I could go a month at a time without filling up if I were living and working in Sawville.

Not that I'm complaining. If I cut out weekend trips up to the Ville, I can go three weeks at a time on a tank, easily.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I will say this: It has gotten me to reconsider my July vacation plans. I was planning on driving up to New York to go to Cooperstown for a couple days and then do a couple of days at Saratoga. But as it stands, I may just go to Western Ky. instead.

I don't know how the folks with SUVs (especially Hummers) are dealing.

I've got an Tahoe. It cost me between 60 and 70 dollars a week to drive.

I'd love to have a smaller car. However, I live out in the country and during the winters, an SUV is about the only way for me to make it in and out of my driveway (almost a 2 mile driveway winding up a hill).

I'm also almost scared of what I would get if I tried to trade it in.

How fuel efficient are motorcycles?

Many will get 50-60 mpg. They generally are only 2 gallon or so tanks, but that still a big upgrade.

I havent really done anything yet. I'm trying to find a job closer to where I live in Lexington instead of driving to Gtown everyday, but its not really happening right now. I decided to start buzzing my hair on my own again instead of going to the barber and spending about 30 bucks a month. I guess thats about it.

Many will get 50-60 mpg. They generally are only 2 gallon or so tanks, but that still a big upgrade.

I havent really done anything yet. I'm trying to find a job closer to where I live in Lexington instead of driving to Gtown everyday, but its not really happening right now. I decided to start buzzing my hair on my own again instead of going to the barber and spending about 30 bucks a month. I guess thats about it.

Best decision I ever made:ylsuper:

How fuel efficient are motorcycles?

As bellalumni40 stated most get around 50-55 mpg.

There are some models available that have a 4.2 gal tank.

I'm not feeling the gas crunch as much as the high prices on everything else.