John Lester's No Hitter

I was and that's all I can vouch for. Every team has bandwagon fans, I saw a lot of people wearing Yankees caps from 96-2000 that hadn't before that too. It just hurts a little bit more when it is your arch rival that has gotten good enough to draw those fans, doesn't it?

As for hexes, if they're just an excuse for inferiority why did that buffoon Hank spend all that money to break up the concrete to dig up the Sox jersey at the new park. After all Pride and Pinstripes wouldn't be afraid of a silly hex like that, would they? :rolleyes::sssh:

1) I'd rather not have fans that can't support a team through thick and thin than have fans that want to be associated with a winner every year, regardless of the team name.

2) That Red Sox fan was an idiot.

3) However, Hank's a bigger idiot...

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But the Red Sox haven't went out and bought every player on the market and choked.

Yet..................:D

They (CrySox) have spent quite a bit of money though. I personally don't see anything wrong with spending the money to get what you want. Other owners could do this and choose not to. I believe that the Yankees have won much more than they have choked.

You guys need to realize any hex the Yankees had on the Red Sox has been put to rest 4 years ago. You can go on and talk about your 26 all you want, you probably need to go dust them off, they've been sitting there for almost 8 years now without being touched. We'll take our 2 Titles in 4 years and our 3-0 comeback and be perfectly happy. Congrats to Jon Lester, great kid and a great story! Something that may go unnoticed in this is that tonight was the 4th no-hitter that Jason Varitek has caught. That either tied or broke a major league record.

As for the bolded parts of your post......

1. I don't call it a hex, I call it being better.

2. Thank you and we will talk 26 as much as we want, can anyone else claim that? They are not just dusted off, they are shining and displayed with "Pride, passion and Pinstripes" ;)

3. I can certainly agree with you on that, Lester is a great story.

1) I'd rather not have fans that can't support a team through thick and thin than have fans that want to be associated with a winner every year, regardless of the team name.

2) That Red Sox fan was an idiot.

3) However, Hank's a bigger idiot...

1.):thumb:,2.):thumb: and 3.) :thumb:

But the Red Sox haven't went out and bought every player on the market and choked.

Thats because they didn't have any money left after they bought all those needles and thread that was needed to sew up the holes in Buckners glove. Then they spent the rest rolling the Dice.:D

Great feelgood story for Lester, given what he's been through. Doesn't matter to me whether he's a Red Sox, A Yankee, or a Martian, I'm happy for the guy.

:thumb:

Thats because they didn't have any money left after they bought all those needles and thread that was needed to sew up the holes in Buckners glove. Then they spent the rest rolling the Dice.:D

:lol: That's funny righ there. What was left out of those two expensive ventures was probably spent stil trying top get tat BBQ sauce, ketsup, iodine of whatever that stain was on Schilling's sock.

Actually I'm glad they rolled the Dice. 22-12 so far in Boston and 3-0 in the postseason with a World Series Title. I'll take it. The Red Sox have spent plenty of money too but it is just a little over half of the Yankees totals. The difference is while the Yankees were busy bringing in Pavano, Igawa, Giambi, Mussina, Clemens, Farnsworth and A-Rod the Red Sox were spending their money on hard-nosed, gamers like Lowell, Dice-K, Schilling, Big Papi, Beckett, Varitek, Okajima and Casey. They also developed such gritty players as Youkilis, Pedroia, Ellsbury, Lester, Buchholz and Papelbon. If you look at the two teams that is where the difference is--at this point the Red Sox are a much better run franchise. They may not have the name recognition of some of the Yankees players but they've got a team full of grinders that just do what it takes to win and absolutely won't give up. Go back and see 2004 vs. the Yankees or last years ALCS for proof.

:thumb:

:lol: That's funny righ there. What was left out of those two expensive ventures was probably spent stil trying top get tat BBQ sauce, ketsup, iodine of whatever that stain was on Schilling's sock.

Like him or not, that was indeed blood. He may run his mouth a lot but I'd take him over Mussina, Igawa, Pavano or all those guys the Yankees signed instead--wouldn't you?

Like him or not, that was indeed blood. He may run his mouth a lot but I'd take him over Mussina, Igawa, Pavano or all those guys the Yankees signed instead--wouldn't you?

That to me anyway is questionable whether it was actual blood or not. I honestly don't trust anything that "God's gift to pitching" C.S. says :rolleyes:, very good pitcher and well.............that's it.

I love it, ain't this rivalry great? :lol::ylsuper:

That to me anyway is questionable whether it was actual blood or not. I honestly don't trust anything that "God's gift to pitching" C.S. says :rolleyes:, very good pitcher and well.............that's it.

I love it, ain't this rivalry great? :lol::ylsuper:

Yep, it's always fun! The doctor that performed the procedure talked about it on a feature on the 2004 season, his tendon was basically stapled down and he was bleeding from the sutures. Like him or not he's a big game pitcher with 3 rings that shines when it matters most--I'll take a whole staff of Schillings any day.