Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bengals 1 of 5 teams that could get over the playoff hump

Featured Replies

As bad as last season was, the Bengals were just a few plays away from 9-7 or 10-6. They have a tough schedule, but so does everyone in their division. If the Bengals go 4-2 in their division, they will have a great shot at winning it.

 

Your forgot that last year came against a very weak schedule.

  • Replies 32
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, makes sense to me. About as much sense as taking a row boat into a hurricane. :lol:

Yep, makes sense to me. About as much sense as taking a row boat into a hurricane. :lol:

 

Common practice..

Common practice..

 

:confused:

 

I'm more confused than the guy who wrote this column. :lol:

Yep, makes sense to me. About as much sense as taking a row boat into a hurricane. :lol:

 

Ironically funny. We studied the Book of Jonah at church tonight.

 

Remember he was thrown overboard in a horrible storm after they had tried to row back to shore. The sea calmed and he was swallowed by a big fish.

 

Maybe Chad will be swallowed by a big fish and return after 3 days and nights with a different attitude.

Everyone goes from optimistic to a 4-12 season after a 7-9 season where a couple special team gaffes, and bad turnovers cost them a 9-7 season...

 

Come on people.

awww... Blind optimism :lol:

 

I think if Chad does play, he will be such a cancer that the team won't know how to deal with.

 

one winning season in the last 17 years, I like the odds that it continues.:D

 

I'm not declaring them a playoff team, but you guys are acting like they are the 2007 Miami Dolphins with zero talent. I'd call that blind something...or maybe just ignorance about the modern NFL where the margin between being a 10-6 playoff team or last in your division is sometimes razor thin depending on injuries, a few good breaks and momentum.

 

I'm not debating the odds of Cincinnati have a winning or losing season...I think the talk about them being a completely hopeless team is absurd. Statements like, "There are only two games on the schedule they can win..." No way the Bengals only win 2 games this year.

 

Come on...:rolleyes:

  • Author
I think the talk about them being a completely hopeless team is absurd. Statements like, "There are only two games on the schedule they can win..." No way the Bengals only win 2 games this year.

 

I said I wouldn't be surprised if they only won 2 games next year. I didn't say they wouldn't win more. If you look at their schedule and assume the other teams got better via the draft and free agency, it's hard to make a case for the Bengals getting close to .500 this year.

  • Author

Cincinnati Bengals: FOXSports.com colleague Randy Hill listed the Bengals as a team on the rise in his Monday column. I'm still scratching my head from that one. The Bengals lost one of their top receivers in Chris Henry, passed on two first-round picks in a trade offer for Chad Johnson by the Redskins, saw Justin Smith leave and sign with San Francisco, and failed to make a big splash signing on defense. Madieu Williams, one of the few bright spots from last year, is playing for the Vikings now. Antwan Odom and Keith Rivers should help the unit — but neither will suddenly make this squad a playoff contender. Who are the Bengals going to stop?

I think they can and will do it! To early in the spring/summer to be pessimistic!

 

Odom and Rivers will be a major upgrade on defense and I think Odell is gonna come back and play very well. I like the young secondary and their physicalness and covering ability! I also like the kid from Auburn very much! Might be a steal when it is all said and done!

 

Let's take it one day @ a time and see how it goes. The rookies have been doing and saying all the right things. Let's hope that transfers to the field!

I think they can and will do it! To early in the spring/summer to be pessimistic!

 

Odom and Rivers will be a major upgrade on defense and I think Odell is gonna come back and play very well. I like the young secondary and their physicalness and covering ability! I also like the kid from Auburn very much! Might be a steal when it is all said and done!

 

Let's take it one day @ a time and see how it goes. The rookies have been doing and saying all the right things. Let's hope that transfers to the field!

 

It's never to early to throw dirt on the Bengals grave.... :p

Your forgot that last year came against a very weak schedule.

 

Divisional teams have basically the same schedule year-in year-out. The Bengals schedule, while tough, is easier than Pittsburg and Cleveland. I feel that Cleveland should be the favorite, but if the Bengals can go 4-2 in the division (win home games and sweep the Ravens) they will have an excellent chance at winning the division. They may win it with a 8-8 or 9-7 record, but with everyone's tough schedule, it is very likely a .500 team will win.

Mini-camp is open, and you know what that means?

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

The Bungals are mathamatically eliminated from the playoffs. :lol:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.