Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Travis Ford to OSU

Featured Replies

Travis used to date my brother's stepdaughter. She said he was quite eccentric and controlling. I told her I didn't care because he sure could shoot and isn't too bad a coach either. She gave him a thumbs up as a person but said he was wrapped a little tight. (Type A)

 

Great story Atticus. :thumb: :lol:

  • Replies 47
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Great story Atticus. :thumb: :lol:

 

I thought you might like that.

Ford, who reached a new deal on a contract at UMass less than a week ago, planned to meet with the UMass team in Amherst on Wednesday, Gottlieb reported.

 

Unbelievable.

 

I'm sure Travis is a great guy, great coach, but this whole situation with LSU/UMASS and now OSU stinks to high heaven.

 

I think that Ford is a great guy but I agree how all of this was handled. That sure didn't send a very good message to his team at UMass (unless he had talked to them before the first offer went public). I don't blame Ford one bit for wanting to better himself but I also think that it could have been handled a lot better.

 

Looks like that he has been taking lessons on coaching moves from Billy Donovan and Bobby Petrino and that Atticus's brother's stepdaughter may have this guy pegged long ago, LOL (post#30), nothing like an old girlfriend to spill the dirt......(LOL)

Sounds like this was an administration decision and money didn't do the talking.

 

If the money talked UK would be looking for a coach. Apparently the AD had his fill of drinking problems infecting the program...

From all I can gather BCG was never contacted.

While true, he wanted to be...

Had to change previous post...meant to put interviewed.

 

Some of this is conjecture from things I have gathered...

He was approached by OSU, either personally or through secondary people...and told them no thanks...

Some have suggested that he was approached right after Self turned them down and as GT suggested Self recommended BCG as a possibility.

Had to change previous post...meant to put interviewed.

 

Some of this is conjecture from things I have gathered...

He was approached by OSU, either personally or through secondary people...and told them no thanks...

Some have suggested that he was approached right after Self turned them down and as GT suggested Self recommended BCG as a possibility.

I've heard the flip side. There was contact, and the OK State AD felt he had too many skeletons in the closet so he looked elsewhere.

 

The money wanted BCG, and he wanted the job.

 

This came from 3 sources. 2 close to OK St and one very tight with UK...

Possibly so...

I had heard there was possibly some conflict amongst Pickens/Holder and other OSU brass, but Holder is Pickens puppet...and before you fight that battle at OSU you see if there is interest from BCG...that was a negative, from all I can gather.

I was told the exact opposite. We'll likely never know for sure either way...

I was told the exact opposite. We'll likely never know for sure either way...

 

I was told several UK boosters was not happy when BCG was hired because of his back ground. This was told to me from a booster.

I think Ford will do a good job at OK State. Now who will take the UMass job? Sean Sutton? :D

I've heard the flip side. There was contact, and the OK State AD felt he had too many skeletons in the closet so he looked elsewhere.

 

The money wanted BCG, and he wanted the job.

 

This came from 3 sources. 2 close to OK St and one very tight with UK...

 

Riiiiiight....

It seems like just yesterday when Travis was at Campbellsville getting waxed by Happy at G-town. Now he's turning down LSU and Providence and taking Ok. State for millions - while Hap considers Centenary...

 

It's not necessarily what you know, but who you know.

If the money talked UK would be looking for a coach. Apparently the AD had his fill of drinking problems infecting the program...

 

Gillispie wasn't going anywhere. Hes where he wants to be IMO.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.