Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Should the NCAA rule book be modified?

Featured Replies

I mean it seems like there are rules but a lot of people think "in that situation you can't call a foul" is right. I don't, if it's a foul you call it at the beginning of the game and at the end of the game. If refs will call a foul 10 seconds into the game they can call it with 10 seconds left.

 

The whole technical foul rule should be changed to "it can be called if there is a lot of time left,". I mean really, rules are in place for a reason. If refs started calling these from day one there wouldn't be any complaints because coaches and players would adjust and adapt.

The only thing I would change is the alternate possession rule. Jump the friggin' ball!

The only thing I would change is the alternate possession rule. Jump the friggin' ball!

 

Really? I think the games are long enough as they are. I couldn't imagine how long they would be if you had to jump after every tie-up.

Really? I think the games are long enough as they are. I couldn't imagine how long they would be if you had to jump after every tie-up.

How would it be any longer than taking the ball out of bounds?

Nothing irritates me more than the cheap offensive foul calls. This is a rule that needs to be changed!

How would it be any longer than taking the ball out of bounds?

 

Think about it....for a jump ball, you have to first make sure you have the correct players jumping. Then you've got to line the rest of the players up around the circle. Then you run into problems like lining up the players the wrong way, bad tosses, touching the ball before it's reached it's apex.

With the posession arrow, you look at the table, point the direction of the arrow and take it it out. That sounds pretty time conserving to me!

  • Author
Think about it....for a jump ball, you have to first make sure you have the correct players jumping. Then you've got to line the rest of the players up around the circle. Then you run into problems like lining up the players the wrong way, bad tosses, touching the ball before it's reached it's apex.

With the posession arrow, you look at the table, point the direction of the arrow and take it it out. That sounds pretty time conserving to me!

 

You barely ever see refs having to line up the players the right way, have a bad toss or touching the ball early. I mean if you're saying what "could happen" then with the in bounds, you could have a timeout once they seen the defense, a 5 second violation in which they'd need to reset for the other team,

 

I think the jump ball would be good for college. But I won't argue it, it's fine either way.

Nothing irritates me more than the cheap offensive foul calls. This is a rule that needs to be changed!

 

:thumb:

 

I absolutely hate that.

I believe that the 5 second "closely guarded" rule needs to thrown out. The rule made since when the shot clock was 45 seconds, but I think it can be eliminated now.

I mean it seems like there are rules but a lot of people think "in that situation you can't call a foul" is right. I don't, if it's a foul you call it at the beginning of the game and at the end of the game. If refs will call a foul 10 seconds into the game they can call it with 10 seconds left.

 

The whole technical foul rule should be changed to "it can be called if there is a lot of time left,". I mean really, rules are in place for a reason. If refs started calling these from day one there wouldn't be any complaints because coaches and players would adjust and adapt.

 

I'm sure we all have rules that we think should be modified. But we have rules right now. The issue is that refs choose to enforce differently at different times of the game. I agree with you, they need to be enforced the same irregardless of when in the game they happen.

I believe that the 5 second "closely guarded" rule needs to thrown out. The rule made since when the shot clock was 45 seconds, but I think it can be eliminated now.

 

No way. It's a good reward for playing hard defense. I think the rule is a good one.

No way. It's a good reward for playing hard defense. I think the rule is a good one.

 

:thumb:

No way. It's a good reward for playing hard defense. I think the rule is a good one.

 

I agree that it awards the defense for playing hard D, but how many times is it called a game? 2 maybe. And the officials never inforce it properly. "Closely guarded" is 6 feet. That's approx. from the foul line to the top of the circle. I've seen players get much closer than than and the refs spread their arms open, indicating they are not within the 6 feet.

The only run I would like to see change is the 3 point line be moved back. I think they should move it back to the international distance. College is to close and NBA is too far.

The only run I would like to see change is the 3 point line be moved back. I think they should move it back to the international distance. College is to close and NBA is too far.

I thought they were moving it back next year.Maybe I'm wrong but I thought I heard that they were.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.