Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Where is Donovan's name in all the rumors?

Featured Replies

Seems like nobody is after him. Have to wonder why his name isnt coming up at all this year. It could be a step down for him, but seems like Providence would make an overture to bring him back home.

  • Replies 32
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Providence is far from a wealthy athletic department. They couldn't afford him if they wanted to.

 

Pretty simple answer. He wants to stay, and there isn't a job open that would try.

 

Yet, at least...

No one will interview him after the fiasco with Orlando last year. He's staying put for a while.

What are you hinting at...

That we don't yet know how it will all play out.

 

I think Self and Gillispie say no to OK State, but they still have a ton of cash to throw around.

 

At this stage the coaching carousel is a lot like the odds you get a good or bad three weekends in the tournament...

What are you hinting at...

 

:laugh: I was thinking the same thing.

  • Author

Or his stock dropped a good deal with what happened with him in the last 11 or 12 months.

Or his stock dropped a good deal with what happened with him in the last 11 or 12 months.

 

Billy Donovan is a top 5 coach in the nation, any school would be lucky to have him, I seriously doubt one rebuilding year would drop his stock. Typical UK fan.

  • Author
Billy Donovan is a top 5 coach in the nation, any school would be lucky to have him, I seriously doubt one rebuilding year would drop his stock. Typical UK fan.

 

Excuse me? Far from typical, but call me out if you want, I will be here to reply. If he was as great as you say, he'd be a candidate for some of these jobs. Surely after the way he talked about his kids and his team you dont think he is completely happy in Gainesville and is untouchable. I have no sour grapes on not getting Donovan, I think UK got the right Billy for this program at this point in time.

Donovan is making $3.5M a year, if the reports I've read are correct, and he's got plenty of ties to Gainesville ... part of the reason he turned Kentucky down last year.

 

He isn't going anywhere.

I heard the Heat want him :sssh:

 

:lol:

Excuse me? Far from typical, but call me out if you want, I will be here to reply. If he was as great as you say, he'd be a candidate for some of these jobs. Surely after the way he talked about his kids and his team you dont think he is completely happy in Gainesville and is untouchable. I have no sour grapes on not getting Donovan, I think UK got the right Billy for this program at this point in time.

 

This is why things get started you and all the of the kentucky fans would have loved it if Billy D had came to kentucky im sure you were one of the ones on here posting it's a done deal Billy D will sign tomorow and im sure you wanted tubby back also.

He turned down KY, went to Magic then left just as quick Why put him on a list? He will be a Gator for awhile,IMO a very good coach to.

There aren't any jobs that are open that Billy D would even consider.

 

Once Oklahoma State gets their high profile coach, you'll start hearing Billy D's name mentioned. Until an elite job opens up though, there's no reason to throw his name around.

Excuse me? Far from typical, but call me out if you want, I will be here to reply. If he was as great as you say, he'd be a candidate for some of these jobs. Surely after the way he talked about his kids and his team you dont think he is completely happy in Gainesville and is untouchable. I have no sour grapes on not getting Donovan, I think UK got the right Billy for this program at this point in time.

 

Why isn't he a candiate, because jobs like OSU and LSU would be a step down from Gainseville, plus if he turned down a job at UK and then a NBA job (where he would of made more than anyone going to OSU). Everyone knows he isn't leaving Gainseville for a while, and to say he is not a top coach is just stupid. You can only count on 1 hand the amount of coaches that have multiple championships still actively coaching. To say his stock dropped is hilarious.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.