Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Hansbrough to transfer

Featured Replies

Solid player that plays the game with a lot of energy, but not in his brother's category. MSU was the right place to be.

  • Replies 31
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Any word on where he may land?

 

I've heard he may go back to his home state and play for Missouri.

I've heard he may go back to his home state and play for Missouri.

 

Ben Hansbrough has decided to transfer from Mississippi State, and although the junior-to-be from Poplar Bluff won’t make a move until after the spring semester, he’s already compiled a list of potential destinations, including his home state’s flagship university.

 

"I’ve had quite a few schools contact me today," Hansbrough said last night. "Purdue, Colorado, Missouri I contacted, Butler’s contacted me. There’s been others. Notre Dame."

 

http://www.columbiatribune.com/2008/Apr/20080409Spor003.asp

 

Kind of odd....

 

I admit to being surprised about Ben Hansbrough transferring, especially after talking with him last week and hearing him explain all the things he’s doing to get ready for next season.

But I was even more surprised when he explained his reason to transfer.

Basically, he told me he wants to be a better basketball player, but the facilities at MSU don’t give him that opportunity.

 

http://djbulldogs.wordpress.com/2008/04/07/hansbrough-explains-decision-to-transfer/

I have a hard time believing that Missouri's facilities are going to be better than any SEC school.

The only thing Mizzou has that the SEC does not is HOME.

Hansbrough was a good, not great player. He is defnately the kind of kid that I would want on a team as a coach or would love to have as a teammate as a player. Very good shooterand he plays the game hard. I hate it for Coach Stansbury that he is losing this kid, unless it was to U.K...:D. Like I said, he is not a superstar by any standards but just a good, solid basketball player.

I've been hearing SIU...

I also heard something very saddening to me the other day, was that Tyler was a HUGE UK fan growing up, like his whole bed room was UK and everything and didn't come to UK cause he didn't feel like Tubby could get him to the NBA, not sure if it's true but if it is, so sad LOL

I've been hearing SIU...

I also heard something very saddening to me the other day, was that Tyler was a HUGE UK fan growing up, like his whole bed room was UK and everything and didn't come to UK cause he didn't feel like Tubby could get him to the NBA, not sure if it's true but if it is, so sad LOL

 

That's interesting.

I've been hearing SIU...

I also heard something very saddening to me the other day, was that Tyler was a HUGE UK fan growing up, like his whole bed room was UK and everything and didn't come to UK cause he didn't feel like Tubby could get him to the NBA, not sure if it's true but if it is, so sad LOL

Southern Illinois recruited Hansbrough hard when he was in high school. The Salukis, as I'm told, thought they were going to get him before Mississippi State offered.

 

Actually, Hansbrough may have been a huge KU fan. I was told several years ago that Hansbrough loved Roy Williams and was going to play for him, whether it was at Kansas or North Carolina.

Southern Illinois recruited Hansbrough hard when he was in high school. The Salukis, as I'm told, thought they were going to get him before Mississippi State offered.

 

Actually, Hansbrough may have been a huge KU fan. I was told several years ago that Hansbrough loved Roy Williams and was going to play for him, whether it was at Kansas or North Carolina.

 

I saw an interview with him during his freshman year and he said he always thought that Roy Williams was the best coach out there and it was a dream to get to play for him.

I saw an interview with him during his freshman year and he said he always thought that Roy Williams was the best coach out there and it was a dream to get to play for him.

 

How good would of KU's frontline been with Hansborough there.

How good would of KU's frontline been with Hansborough there.

 

Wow, had not thought of that...

How good would of KU's frontline been with Hansborough there.

Wow, had not thought of that...
Well, they probably wouldn't have gotten all those guys with Hansbrough in the fold ...
  • Author

Missouri is the front runner

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.