Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Rick Pitino Effect...

Featured Replies

So your saying that since he has coached multiple teams he doesn't qualify to be considered one of the best? :rolleyes:

 

No, I'm saying it shouldn't discredit coaches that didn't job hop. You're basing your argument on that and the fact he has a plethora of former players and coaches coaching now. Those are unusual barometers when discussing who's best. Please show me where I said he wasn't one of the best.

I think the leap and fail at the NBA level has really hurt him in his consideration to be labeled "one of the best."
Actually, Pitino had some success in his first NBA go-round. Not that it should matter. Why should his NBA record have anything to do with how he's evaluated as a college coach?
I think the leap and fail at the NBA level has really hurt him in his consideration to be labeled "one of the best."

 

I'm sure it has to an extent but how many other college coaches have went on to the NBA and has had some secess? Just curious because I really don't know if any has attempted it or not.

No, I'm saying it shouldn't discredit coaches that didn't job hop.

 

I understand where your coming from but, IMHO I don't think that very many other coaches could leave there job where they are at right now and take over another school and have the same secess that Rick has had at Providence, UK, and UofL.

No, I'm saying it shouldn't discredit coaches that didn't job hop. You're basing your argument on that and the fact he has a plethora of former players and coaches coaching now. Those are unusual barometers when discussing who's best. Please show me where I said he wasn't one of the best.

 

No, thats not what I'm basing my argument on. I just threw that out there bcause someone posted that they didn't know how many people that Rick has coached or coached with that has went on to be head coaches.

No, thats not what I'm basing my argument on. I just threw that out there bcause someone posted that they didn't know how many people that Rick has coached or coached with that has went on to be head coaches.

 

OK. BTW I am a big Pitino fan. I just don't that he is the numero uno. But he is in the conversation.

He is not the best in UK history. There are a number of coaches through out history who are as good as Pitino. Now I will say Pitino is the best self promotor of all time:)

For that matter Pitino is not even the best Coach to coach at UofL

John Wooden is the greatest. Maybe we should be talking about the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th best.

 

Nope.

This is amazing to watch this unfold...this reminds me of every great coach in his generation....next thing you know their "underlings" are scattered across the footprint of American college basketball.....pretty cool. I do think that with this success, he has stretched his staff too thin...

He is not the best in UK history. There are a number of coaches through out history who are as good as Pitino. Now I will say Pitino is the best self promotor of all time:)

For that matter Pitino is not even the best Coach to coach at UofL

 

In reality, I would say there is ONE coach in UK history that has had as great an impact of Rick Pitino...and I still think Rick tops them all..Adolph was unbelievable and his success can't hardly be measured. But his success came during a very "measured" time. Rick revived a juggernaut in DEAD times, and put them above all else....you can't really mirror that, and I dare say, that may never happen again.

Actually, Pitino had some success in his first NBA go-round. Not that it should matter. Why should his NBA record have anything to do with how he's evaluated as a college coach?

 

Most of the best stay at the college level and become a legend. It speaks to Pitino's abilities what he has done at every school, but it just looks bad when he leaves and doesnt succeed.

In reality, I would say there is ONE coach in UK history that has had as great an impact of Rick Pitino...and I still think Rick tops them all..Adolph was unbelievable and his success can't hardly be measured. But his success came during a very "measured" time. Rick revived a juggernaut in DEAD times, and put them above all else....you can't really mirror that, and I dare say, that may never happen again.

 

Well said my friend, well said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumb::thumb::thumb:

A great coach? Without a doubt ...

 

One of the best? Sure.

 

The best ever? That's very debatable ...

 

But he's definitely up there.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.