April 3, 200818 yr Is taking over college basketball. He has disciples coaching some big time college programs all over the place. Former assistants, former players, etc. Hate the man if you want to for going to UL, the NBA, etc. but the man can turn out some coaches. Has any other coach ever turned out this many former players and assistants as coaches?
April 4, 200818 yr Now that you mention it, it does seem like they are everywhere. I mean, didnt basically every assistant from his UK teams go on to be a head coach somewhere?
April 4, 200818 yr Coaches off the top of my head, that are still coaching: Willard, Sendek (?sp), Tubby, Billy D, Ford, Pelphry, Willard, Theus, Menzies, Van Gundy, Davenport I know there are more....
April 4, 200818 yr Coaches off the top of my head, that are still coaching: Willard, Sendek (?sp), Tubby, Billy D, Ford, Pelphry, Willard, Theus, Menzies, Van Gundy, Davenport I know there are more.... Mick Cronin ... Winston Bennett is back in coaching at Mid-Continent University, an NAIA school in the thriving metropolis of Hickory, in between Paducah and Mayfield.
April 4, 200818 yr No matter if you hate him or love him, Rick Pitino is by far the best Coach the NCAA has ever seen.
April 4, 200818 yr Jim O'Brien coached with Pitino at UK and then went with him to the Celtics. He has since gotten a few opportunities to coach NBA teams.
April 4, 200818 yr No matter if you hate him or love him, Rick Pitino is by far the best Coach the NCAA has ever seen.A great coach? Without a doubt ... One of the best? Sure. The best ever? That's very debatable ...
April 4, 200818 yr 19 of Rick Pitino's former assistant coaches or players have become collegiate head coaches.
April 4, 200818 yr 19 of Rick Pitino's former assistant coaches or players have become collegiate head coaches. That makes him the best coach of all time?
April 4, 200818 yr A great coach? Without a doubt ... One of the best? Sure. The best ever? That's very debatable ... I'll agree it is debatable but Rick is the only coach to take three different colleges to the final four, he has a championship ring, and has produced many secessfull college head coaches. Thats why I say that he's the greatest.
April 4, 200818 yr That makes him the best coach of all time? No, I was just throwing that stat out there.
April 4, 200818 yr John Wooden is the greatest. Maybe we should be talking about the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th best.
April 4, 200818 yr I'll agree it is debatable but Rick is the only coach to take three different colleges to the final four, he has a championship ring, and has produced many secessfull college head coaches. Thats why I say that he's the greatest. I don't know if the took 3 to the final 4 has merit. Most of the greats didn't coach multiple teams
April 4, 200818 yr I don't know if the took 3 to the final 4 has merit. Most of the greats didn't coach multiple teams So your saying that since he has coached multiple teams he doesn't qualify to be considered one of the best?
April 4, 200818 yr I think the leap and fail at the NBA level has really hurt him in his consideration to be labeled "one of the best."
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.