Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Big East total dominance....

Featured Replies

Thinking about how the Big East is great in men's basketball, I started to realize, the girls dominate much more....

 

The Big East in total has 8 teams in the Final 32 of both tourneys, that's really awesome.

  • Replies 36
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The big east is no doubt the best conf in the NCAA, but I don't think they have "total dominance". They have more teams in the conference than anyone. Plus looking at the two teams now....finished in the middle of the pack, just got hot at the right time and the big dogs couldn't get it done. A very good conference, but not totally dominant. As far as women... I have no clue I don't follow.

I for one think that the upper echelon of the men's big east underachieved in the tournament. I don't think you can call their performance dominant. 3 teams is nice, but they did have the most (8) in the field. Pitt, G-town and ND underachieved.

In the Men's, only three teams left and none really with a real legit shot to win it (just can't see UL getting by UNC).

The big east is no doubt the best conf in the NCAA, but I don't think they have "total dominance". They have more teams in the conference than anyone. Plus looking at the two teams now....finished in the middle of the pack, just got hot at the right time and the big dogs couldn't get it done. A very good conference, but not totally dominant. As far as women... I have no clue I don't follow.

 

I don't follow womens BB either, but you would have to been under a rock for the last 10 years not to know how great UConn has done.

I for one think that the upper echelon of the men's big east underachieved in the tournament. I don't think you can call their performance dominant. 3 teams is nice, but they did have the most (8) in the field. Pitt, G-town and ND underachieved.

 

I think they have the most members in their conference, also, don't they? I'm not sure about that, but i know they have alot of teams.

I don't follow womens BB either, but you would have to been under a rock for the last 10 years not to know how great UConn has done.

 

Oh, no doubt, but that doesn't mean the Big East is totally dominate.

I think they have the most members in their conference, also, don't they? I'm not sure about that, but i know they have alot of teams.

 

Yeah, they have 16 teams.

I think they have the most members in their conference, also, don't they? I'm not sure about that, but i know they have alot of teams.

 

It is the most out of the BCS conferences, in basketball. The BEAST getting 8/16 is like the SEC getting 6/12, etc.

I for one think that the upper echelon of the men's big east underachieved in the tournament. I don't think you can call their performance dominant. 3 teams is nice, but they did have the most (8) in the field. Pitt, G-town and ND underachieved.

 

That sums it up for me, I really thought that Pitt, G-Town, Notre Dame would do far better.

Oh, no doubt, but that doesn't mean the Big East is totally dominate.

 

Exactly.

 

The entire Big East doesn't have as many titles as Tennessee.

 

Since the women's NCAA started (1982):

The Big East has 6 titles and 1 2nd place finish.

The SEC has 7 titles and 10 2nd place finishes.

Exactly.

 

The entire Big East doesn't have as many titles as Tennessee.

 

Since the women's NCAA started (1982):

The Big East has 6 titles and 1 2nd place finish.

The SEC has 7 titles and 10 2nd place finishes.

 

:thumb::thumb:

Exactly.

 

The entire Big East doesn't have as many titles as Tennessee.

 

Since the women's NCAA started (1982):

The Big East has 6 titles and 1 2nd place finish.

The SEC has 7 titles and 10 2nd place finishes.

The womens has been extremely dominant. Obviously UT has been the most dominant program but the Big East has been the most dominant conference.

I would like to see the last 10 years.

I would like to see the last 10 years.

I think that would show the ACC as the dominant womens conference...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.