Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Michigan State vs Memphis - Sweet 16

Who wins? 36 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

    • Memphis
      50%
      18
    • Michigan State
      50%
      18

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Bingo!

 

If the Tigers could shoot better from behind the arc and at the line, they would be the favorite for the title, in my opinion.

 

They are one of the favorites...not sure there one team that is a clear favorite above the rest.

They are one of the favorites...not sure there one team that is a clear favorite above the rest.

 

They are a favorite, but I'm willing to bet that they aren't a 25% favorite with UCLA, Kansas, and North Carolina.

 

Right now, I would say Kansas and North Carolina have the complete package. I may give Carolina the edge because Self has always found a way out of the tournament with his talent, and Williams at UNC did too until his 2005 team.

They are a favorite, but I'm willing to bet that they aren't a 25% favorite with UCLA, Kansas, and North Carolina.

 

Right now, I would say Kansas and North Carolina have the complete package. I may give Carolina the edge because Self has always found a way out of the tournament with his talent, and Williams at UNC did too until his 2005 team.

 

If it comes down to coaching, I'll take Ben Howland over Williams, Self or Calipari...Memphis' free throw shooting makes people skeptical and rightfully so...it's crucial in close games and close games are probable when you get to the Elite 8. You have figure if Memphis is involved in 3 straight tough games, their shortcomings at the stripe could be their downfall. I don't see where that's a slight to them though. It's more like basketball logic and probability. :D

If it comes down to coaching, I'll take Ben Howland over Williams, Self or Calipari...Memphis' free throw shooting makes people skeptical and rightfully so...it's crucial in close games and close games are probable when you get to the Elite 8. You have figure if Memphis is involved in 3 straight tough games, their shortcomings at the stripe could be their downfall. I don't see where that's a slight to them though. It's more like basketball logic and probability. :D

 

I would take Howland's as well, however, his team isn't playing very well and may not make it to the championship game. For the past seven or eight games, the Bruins are lucky to get wins on arguable calls.

I would take Howland's as well, however, his team isn't playing very well and may not make it to the championship game. For the past seven or eight games, the Bruins are lucky to get wins on arguable calls.

 

Survive and advance...I think UCLA will make the Final Four and at that point, it's anybody's ball game. I love the way they play defense and that will keep them in almost every game no matter what.

Mich St 74

Memphis 72

 

If I were a coach i'd play Memphis a 2-3 zone the whole game and make them shoot 3's.

I picked a Michigan State upset here and I'm going to stick with it. I'll take the Spartans 67-62.

This game is a hard one to pick a winner, just going on my gut feeling, Michigan State wins in OT.

Memphis by 12.

Memphis' athleticism overcomes Michigan State's Izzo's brilliance as a coach.

Mich St 74

Memphis 72

 

If I were a coach i'd play Memphis a 2-3 zone the whole game and make them shoot 3's.

 

 

As a Memphis fan, this is the scenario I would be most concerned about. The key for Memphis to prevent this will be to get out to an early lead. Then they can keep up the pace of the game. If Memphis gets behind early, as they did against UCLA in the E-8 year before last, the result may not be good. Like a lot of people, I just don't understand why they are so bad at the line - but it is a liability. I understand Calipari doesn't want to put negative thoughts in their heads, but the stats. don't lie.

 

I still have to go with Memphis 80 - 75.

Mich. State may be the best best of any game tonight. They will expose Memphis and beat the spread easily.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.