Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Karma is a funny thing: 'Cats get Bilas

Featured Replies

Bilas is OK, Packer would have been the pitts.

 

Truer words were never spoken.:ylsuper:

 

I agree. Bilas has always been very vocal in support of UK when Kentucky has deserved it, and now he's getting hammered by UK fans for being honest. I'm sure Bilas will love this assignment.

 

:thumb:

  • Replies 36
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like Bilas. He has been a UK hater this year, but he doesn't have a vendetta against them.

 

He's just stating his opinion like usual (one that I usually agree with).

I like Bilas. He has been a UK hater this year, but he doesn't have a vendetta against them.

 

He's just stating his opinion like usual (one that I usually agree with).

Is he really a hater when he is only telling the truth?

I, for one, am pumped. Bilas is awesome at his job.

Bilas is very knowledgeable, unbiased and speaks the truth. Yes sometimes us UK fans don't want to hear the truth. I am just happy we don't have P acc ker.

Jim Nantz and Billy Packer will be in Raleigh (go figure) doing the Tar Heels, Hoosiers, and Hoyas.

 

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I agree. If he graduated from Virginia or Oklahoma, it would be a non-issue

 

I doubt it...he doubted UK. It doesn't matter where he's from. That's a no no. :lol:

Jay Bilas is hands-down my favorite announcer, followed by Gus Johnson. The only problem I have with Bilas' critiques of UK is that it makes me worry. I know Bilas is extremely knowledgeable about the game and if he says UK is a pretender, then I know it to be pretty much true. I just do not see how anyone could honestly say Bilas has any sort of bias or grudge against any team. I bleed as blue as anyone, but Bilas is the real deal--we may not like what he says, but he's speaking what he thinks and I respect that. He's just as likely to praise UK as he is to critique them. I'm very glad he's doing our game.

Is he really a hater when he is only telling the truth?

 

I think so.

 

I'm sure its nothing he hasn't done with other teams, but he really latched onto the negative aspects of UK this year and ignored the positives (SEC record, wins over UT/Vandy, strong finish...).

Jim Nantz and Billy Packer will be in Raleigh (go figure) doing the Tar Heels, Hoosiers, and Hoyas.

 

 

 

They always follow the tournament overall #1 seed.

I've never seen anyone get so much grief for speaking the truth before.

 

:thumb:

  • Author
They always follow the tournament overall #1 seed.

Not always. They caught some grief over this a couple of years ago when they opted to follow UNC instead of the #1 overall.

I've never seen anyone get so much grief for speaking the truth before.

 

Then you must have forgotten the gried sent my way when I spoke the truth about Kelvin Samson last year. I told you Indiana would not be a threat this year...

Gus Johnson has to be the best march madness anouncer. Nothing is better than hearing him anounce a last shot of a game.

I think so.

 

I'm sure its nothing he hasn't done with other teams, but he really latched onto the negative aspects of UK this year and ignored the positives (SEC record, wins over UT/Vandy, strong finish...).

 

They are only really strong positives to us because we are UK fans. I mean we really still haven't done to much to get all kinds of praise. I know I heard him give us a little praise for turning it around, but there really was no reason for him to get carried away with it like we have. He is just speaking his opinion and thinking maybe we weren't as deserving as some other teams. Its no more or no less IMO.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.