March 16, 200818 yr Has he said anything positive about UK during the last month? He acts like UK doesn't belong in the tournament. Thoughts?
March 17, 200818 yr I like him and he says, what he thinks. It may not be popular or correct, with the Big Blue Nation but that is why ESPN has him, for his position on topics.
March 17, 200818 yr If you look at the other teams he has talk about and teams that are left out with 20 plus wins. Then UK does NOT belong. They got in on NAME only. (The Ncaa knew that they would miss out on $$$)
March 17, 200818 yr Author I think UK got in based on their conference play. If UK got in on names alone, wouldn't the defending 2x champs Florida and their 20 win season have been sufficient enough for a tourney bid?
March 17, 200818 yr He just doesn't think UK should be in. At least he doesn't flip flop like Vitale does.
March 17, 200818 yr I think UK got in based on their conference play. If UK got in on names alone, wouldn't the defending 2x champs Florida and their 20 win season have been sufficient enough for a tourney bid? Good observation!
March 17, 200818 yr Bilas calls a spade a spade... people think he is biased towards Duke, but on numerous occasions I have heard him discount Duke when they were favored in certain games. He sticks by his guns. None of us UK fans had a problem with him when he was predicting big things from those teams led by Chuck Hayes, Tayshaun Prince, et all..... He makes a strong point, and he even addressed that he uses UK because everyone knows who they are.
March 17, 200818 yr If you look at the other teams he has talk about and teams that are left out with 20 plus wins. Then UK does NOT belong. They got in on NAME only. (The Ncaa knew that they would miss out on $$$) While that might be partially right, if you look at how these teams finished, none compared to KY.
March 17, 200818 yr I don't think he is so much biased for Duke(he is a lttle but not a ton), but I do think he is biased against Kentucky right now. He has had absolutely nothing good to say about UK since Tubby left. He was a Tubby fan, and has done nothing but blast UK since (in his opinion) Tubby was chased out. IMO he started lobbying against UK getting into the tourney before the season even started, just so he could say, "Look what happened to them, that's what they get for chasing Tubby out." In the past I really haven't had much of a problem with him, but he has really loosed his venom at UK this year. Fortunately he failed in his mission.
March 17, 200818 yr "Look what happened to them, that's what they get for chasing Tubby out." I've never heard him say anything close to that. EKUalum nailed it.
March 17, 200818 yr I've never heard him say anything close to that. EKUalum nailed it. I'm saying that, it is my opionion. I formed it after hearing him blast UK over Tubby and lobby against UK all year.
March 17, 200818 yr Has he said anything positive about UK during the last month? He acts like UK doesn't belong in the tournament. Thoughts? Statistically, I have to agree with him. They showed a graphic between UK, Syracuse and Oregon. Blind resume's... Syracuse had the most impressive one, and they were never even on the bubble.
March 17, 200818 yr While that might be partially right, if you look at how these teams finished, none compared to KY. 18-12 41 point loss to Vandy Loss to a Georgia first round. No big road wins. They are just like Syracuse. The Organgemen missed out.
March 17, 200818 yr 18-12 41 point loss to Vandy Loss to a Georgia first round. No big road wins. They are just like Syracuse. The Organgemen missed out. All that is true, but they are in a Power Conference and they finished 2nd in the East Division with a 12-4 conference record. This is why they're in the dance. What was Syracuse's regular season conference record?
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.