Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jay Bilas

Featured Replies

UK compares very favorably when you put them head to head versus VPI.

Only one win versus RPI top 50 versus 4 for UK. UK had more top 100 RPI wins as well with 7.

 

Bilas ranted on that. He even ranted on UK and Ole Miss. What Jay missed in comparing resumes, was that OM went 7-9 in the SEC, and got swept by Auburn, lost at home to South Carolina and got beat by 20 at LSU...plus UK beat them.

They also lost to UGa before things went down in the ATL.

 

Another team mentioned was Syracuse, and they have a resume that is more debatable with UK and have had injury issues as well.

However, they closed with a 4-6 record in their last 10 and were throttled in the BE opener by another bubble team in Villanova...

  • Replies 52
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you look at the other teams he has talk about and teams that are left out with 20 plus wins. Then UK does NOT belong. They got in on NAME only. (The Ncaa knew that they would miss out on $$$)

 

bologna feathers, UK got in on their conference record, strenght of schedule and the way they finished the year period

He just doesn't think UK should be in. At least he doesn't flip flop like Vitale does.

 

:thumb:

 

Bilas is the best guy they have...I can't hold his opinion against him. There's a pretty good argument against UK. Facts are facts.

Exactly. I think Bilas is a straight shooter. Some fans don't like hearing the truth.

 

He said earlier the only reason he uses Kentucky is that everyone knows them. He said he thought they belonged in. He was just using them as an argument as an opponent to the RPI. I think he is right in that the RPI is a usualness tool. That there were two teams that were in the 30's and two teams that got in to the tournament with 50's then it is not a good tool.

 

Your right some fans don't or should I say non fans. :sssh:

I don't think he is so much biased for Duke(he is a lttle but not a ton), but I do think he is biased against Kentucky right now. He has had absolutely nothing good to say about UK since Tubby left.

 

He was a Tubby fan, and has done nothing but blast UK since (in his opinion) Tubby was chased out.

 

IMO he started lobbying against UK getting into the tourney before the season even started, just so he could say, "Look what happened to them, that's what they get for chasing Tubby out." In the past I really haven't had much of a problem with him, but he has really loosed his venom at UK this year.

 

Fortunately he failed in his mission.

 

What good has there been to say about UK really since UK left? I mean UK chased off a great coach and a great person. UK got off to a HORRIBLE START. He did give some praise to UK when we started doing better. He just simply thinks that maybe some other team could have deserved to be in over us, and he would have good reason to think that. Its not like we were a slam dunk case to make it. We could have just as easily have been out.

Bilas is far and away the best ESPN has to offer....well, maybe 2nd best now that Coach Knight is there....I disagree with him quite often, but he is definitely the most unbiased, impartial analyst they have.

As a huge UK fan, I have always respected Bilas' opinion. I don't feel he is biased for or against any team. I have heard him praise UK and UNC in the past and I've heard him be critical of Duke on several occasions. It would be hypocritical of me to bash him now just because he is being critical of UK. Let's face it, this has been a subpar season by UK's standards and you can make a case that some of the teams that were left out should be in ahead of UK. I know I for one was very nervous watching the selection show after Georgia won the SEC. I think Bilas is a straight shooter, and I may not always agree with his opinion but I respect it more than most, if not all of the college basketball analysts on TV.

Bilas calls a spade a spade... people think he is biased towards Duke, but on numerous occasions I have heard him discount Duke when they were favored in certain games. He sticks by his guns. None of us UK fans had a problem with him when he was predicting big things from those teams led by Chuck Hayes, Tayshaun Prince, et all.....

 

He makes a strong point, and he even addressed that he uses UK because everyone knows who they are.

 

He really hit the nail home on that one didn't he.

Big East>SEC

 

The SEC got 6 teams in if I'm not mistaken, and had another on the bubble.

What good has there been to say about UK really since UK left? I mean UK chased off a great coach and a great person. UK got off to a HORRIBLE START. He did give some praise to UK when we started doing better. He just simply thinks that maybe some other team could have deserved to be in over us, and he would have good reason to think that. Its not like we were a slam dunk case to make it. We could have just as easily have been out.

 

Broke Vandy and Florida's winning streaks. Other than that, we're in pretty much the same boat we've been in the past two seasons.

When I listen to him talk and UK is not involved he really knows his stuff. Just living in these blue glasses and with these blue ears makes it hard to take critisism sometimes.

He really hit the nail home on that one didn't he.

 

Those teams with Hayes were very good. Didn't they beat Fla like 6 times in a row when he was here. Against a top recruiting class. Then Florida gets the less recruiting class to Kentucky and they go off.

Those teams with Hayes were very good. Didn't they beat Fla like 6 times in a row when he was here. Against a top recruiting class. Then Florida gets the less recruiting class to Kentucky and they go off.

 

Im sorry, but to me a big season is more than just beating a Florida team who had that point, their biggest claim to fame was their head coach won first prize at the Eddie Munster fan club convention.

Im sorry, but to me a big season is more than just beating a Florida team who had that point, their biggest claim to fame was their head coach won first prize at the Eddie Munster fan club convention.

 

So winning it all is the only thing you judge a good season by? Or what is a good judge of a season, going 16-0 in SEC play, going to final 8 and having your best player get hurt in the sweet 16. I don't know injuries have been used alot this season, but never for those teams. It was always someones fault then. IMO

I have no problems with Bilas. Now you want to talk about bias, then let's talk about Seth Davis and his hatred of UK, or Packer's love for the ACC. Those 2 are about as biased as any I've ever heard.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.