Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Brian Brohm's stock starting to rise.....

Featured Replies

The Cream Rises

 

This article mirrors the sentiments that I stated about teams playing all of their cards to early and so called bandwagon experts....

Good for Brohm. Good to see good things for good kids.

Good stuff and in my biased opinion I couldn't agree more.

 

I just hope Brohm doesn't end up somewhere playing against the Bengals every year.

Brohm has a lot of desirable intangibles, as well as tangibles.

I just don't think there is much of a difference in the top 5 or so QB's. I don't think any of them are going to blow people away but I think everyone of them have the ability too be solid NFL QB's. I've heard Brohm compared to Wurffell but I also think he carries himself like Montana. I've heard people say pass on Ryan and take Henne later etc. I'd pass on a QB in the first round if I were drafting because there will be some good ones around the next few rounds.

While I know its a little far off, and a lot of people wouldn't like to see him there, it would really help the Bengals draft plans if Brohm were to rise high enough that Baltimore would consider him at 8...

  • Author

^ why?? Is there a defensive standout that you are wanting?

The Cream Rises

 

This article mirrors the sentiments that I stated about teams playing all of their cards to early and so called bandwagon experts....

 

As you predicted some months ago........Brohm came through.

 

For what its worth I really think that if/when Brohm is selected in the late 1st/early 2nd there will be an awful lot of teams a couple of years from now kicking themselves. I think of all the QB's he has the best chance to come in and succeed right away if given the chance. He's played in some pretty complex offenses in their own right at Trinity and UL, and I think he'll be able to mentally grasp the pro game better than his counterparts.

  • Author

^ And I have thought about what you put out there...and a big part of me thinks that I would rather him go late to a rather successful team that maybe missing a solid QB....if he can come in and sit for 10 games, or a year, or so...then take over the reigns, I don't doubt his ability.....man I am real excited wherever he lands.

I really don't know why but I believe Brohm will end up being the best pro QB to come out of this class. It is something about the way he plays that just makes me believe he will be very good at the next level. I think Ryan has never impressed me all that much and will be a bust. I think Flacco will be ok but will end up carring a clip board somewhere.

  • Author

I will admit that I am 100% homer. How could you not, when you have known a kid since 7th grade. That said, I still think that we in the Commonwealth, have seen Mr. Borhm at crazy high skill levels he has amazed me for 8 years......there has been nothing thrown in front of this young man, that not only has he conquered, but destroyed.....I am telling any of his doubters left on here....he will make it by shear will, if not for his talent.

I often wonder how our glasses work when it comes to evaluating Brohm. I lived in Louisville when he was at Trinity and I always thought he was just one of those kids that "had it". He was going to win games and that was the bottom line. He had that special something that others don't have like a Montana/Brady. Then I see others evaluate him and I think I maybe overrate him because I've watched him grow (along with most on this board). I really think he will drop to the late teens to late 20's as far as a pick. I would much rather have him at that value then Ryan at #3. I also think there will be some good QB's to go in the 3rd and 4th round.

If Brohm enters the top 8 there is a better chance a Ellis/Dorsey/Gholston falls to 9..

Someone like the Bears/Chiefs should do everything necessary to get him.

If Brohm enters the top 8 there is a better chance a Ellis/Dorsey/Gholston falls to 9..

 

I will be absolutly shocked if he goes that high.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.