Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky Recruits

Featured Replies

What about Meeks, Jasper, Porter, Krebs and Harris?

 

I'd say out of those four Meeks would be the most consistent. The other four you never know what you are going to get (especially Jasper and Porter).

  • Replies 53
  • Views 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd say out of those four Meeks would be the most consistent. The other four you never know what you are going to get (especially Jasper and Porter).

 

Jasper is shooting 52% from behind the arc this season. I wish he would shoot more.

Jasper is shooting 52% from behind the arc this season. I wish he would shoot more.

 

That's just the thing, he just doesn't look for his shot. Often times he shoots the three because he has to with the shot clock running down.

Kentucky has 2 schlorships available. It someone is going to transfer that would open more. There's a couple juco players they're recruiting.There's a Galloway kid that has Kentucky high on his list. He's a 6'7 combo guard.

What about Meeks, Jasper, Porter, Krebs and Harris?

 

Krebs?

Don't know if he was there today, but KY has been showing alot of interest in a 2008 recruit. Melvin Oliver a 6'11 330lb center from a prep school in Jackson Mississippi. IMO this is the size of player we need to help give depth to the post position.

Don't know if he was there today, but KY has been showing alot of interest in a 2008 recruit. Melvin Oliver a 6'11 330lb center from a prep school in Jackson Mississippi. IMO this is the size of player we need to help give depth to the post position.

UK isn't actively recruiting Oliver according to Maggard...

UK isn't actively recruiting Oliver according to Maggard...

 

What big kids are we involved with?

Gametime, I don't study the recruiting scene like you do, what are the top remaining players available for next year. Also with the departures of Indiana and LSU's coaches (I know they have some high profile recruits) will any of them open up there recruitment.

 

IMO the momentum that UK has right now and the love and family atmosphere that BCG is establishing with this team, I would hope this may allow UK to sign Hopson and maybe another solid big man.

What big kids are we involved with?

Not much info flowing at this point on that front. There aren't many relevant big men left right now...

I think IU loses Holloway and Ebanks, bit I don't think either end up at UK. Morgan might opt out at LSU, but again I don't see UK in the hunt there.

 

There is still some solid wing talent in the HS and Prep ranks, but most of the big men drawing national interest are JUCO's. Most of the best remaining from that group have considerable baggage. Needless to say, I'm not overly impressed with most of the big men on the board at this point...

There are also several 6'7, 6'8 juco players that we are after

Jasper is shooting 52% from behind the arc this season. I wish he would shoot more.

I wish he could shoot that good of a percentage from the free throw line.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.