Does anyone else develop their opinions of posters based on their posts?

Well, I'd like to say I'm different in person than online, but probably the most surprising thing anyone would find in meeting me is that I don't wear birkenstocks, have flowers in my hair and a VW van with peace symbols painted all over it! :D

I honestly don't think I'm much different in person. And I definitely try not to judge people by what they post. But, having known them quite a while, I'll say this....PepRock and Birdsfan are pretty much EXACTLY what they seem online. :D

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I'd like to say I'm different in person than online, but probably the most surprising thing anyone would find in meeting me is that I don't wear birkenstocks, have flowers in my hair and a VW van with peace symbols painted all over it! :D

I honestly don't think I'm much different in person. And I definitely try not to judge people by what they post. But, having known them quite a while, I'll say this....PepRock and Birdsfan are pretty much EXACTLY what they seem online. :D

Out of pure curiousity, how different do I strike you in real life (even though it's been forever since I've seen ANY of the Trinity clan)?

Out of pure curiousity, how different do I strike you in real life (even though it's been forever since I've seen ANY of the Trinity clan)?

I find you to be exactly as you are online. You are forthright, but amusing in your delivery. You're super-smart, but don't lord it over anyone. You like pretty much everyone, and aren't judgemental, that I've seen.

I hope that you all have formed your opinion of me by the way I post, because for better or for worse this is how I am all the time... Never too serious, never really in a bad mood, and always open to all sides of the story....

And yes, I do form my opinions based on posts... Because I will never meet most of you (as much as I'd like to). It's all I have to go by.

Yeah, I'm not much nicer in person. :D

And I was so totally getting ready to vouch for you! :irked:

Several of you say you don't understand how anyone can not form an opinion about people based on what you read here. That's fine if you choose to do so. Just understand that your image of that person may be totally off-base.