Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Vandy 72 Tennessee 69

Featured Replies

This loss really hurts UK's chances to finish 2nd in the SEC East. Its almost impossible to win at that stupid gym in Nashville.

 

Who wants 2nd? It helps their chances to win the SEC east. Think possitive Wireman.:lol:

  • Replies 60
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hurts UK... makes Tennessee hungry, would have rather played them with a big head.

 

I agree, although I have to say that even though I am huge U.K. fan and realize that a U.T. win would help us I just couldn't bring myself to root for those guys.

 

I had Vandy picked by 10 in this one, beating them in that museum is tough enough, let alone when they have good team like they do this season.

Still a few games to be played.

Vandy still a half game back, but I predict they will go to Arkansas and lose this Saturday.

Then they get Mississippi State at home, then close with the worst Alabama team in the last 40 years, according to Mr Alabama Cecil Hurt.

UT has UK at home, a Tuesday night game at Florida and then home to SC.

 

As for the game, it was fun to watch. Shan Foster is the real deal. Metcalfe came up huge in the absence of Ogilvy.

The one thing that I think bothers Tennessee, is a team that can handle pressure and run a sold half court game.

Memphis the other night was absolutely wretched in the half court particularly late. The dribble drive offense has gained in popularity, but they ran no sets for good looks...it was all Rose.

UT got away with taking bad shots in the last 6 minutes of that game.

That got in trouble by taking bad shots and attacking the basket tonight. They have a proclivity to try and stop a run by taking quick threes.

They are still a solid team, but get them in the halfcourt and atack the basket.

 

As for Lofton, he hits some ridiculous shots, but my lord he takes some really tough shots. He took a boatload of bad shots down the stretch, and in addition tonight he got exploited on the defensive end. Gordon went by him routinely and whenever he was switched onto Foster, Foster posted him up.

He made the first 8 points of the second half for his team. That's pretty good to me.. He almost had outscored his whole team at one point in the ball game. Why does everyone diss Lofton when he has a good game, and then when he has a not so good game as well? Can we give him any credit? He hit some big 3's and made some good defensive stops while guarding a guy 5 inches taller than him.

 

And killed them DOWN THE STRETCH! I am a Lofton fan but I call them like I see them as well.

My dad and I were discussing this earlier and he was for TN for that reason. I told him to think big and positive and play for the championship. I know it will be rough but what if we did beat them down there. After Julia Roberts married that Lyle fellow it was established that anything is possible. Let's go for the gold.

 

Lyle Lovett :laugh: and I agree 100%, U.K. runs the table, someone beats Miss. State and we win the SEC regular season I believe. Maybe finish 2nd to Vandy, I don't know bc we split with them.

At any rate......"You Gotta Believe"!!

Who wants 2nd? It helps their chances to win the SEC east. Think possitive Wireman.:lol:

 

I've been one of the most positive fans on this site the entire season. Even after we lost to mighty San Diego, I still contended that we would make the NCAA tourney. However, it would be a big shot in the arm if the Cats finished 2nd in the East and got a first round bye. Yes, they are a game out of first, but two straight road wins at UT and USC are going to be a stretch. I'm positive, but also not blind.

Yes, they are a game out of first, but two straight road wins at UT and USC are going to be a stretch. I'm positive, but also not blind.

 

:thumb: I agree with this 100% but we gotta believe! That is what makes us U.K. fans. ;)

:thumb: I agree with this 100% but we gotta believe! That is what makes us U.K. fans. ;)

 

Don't worry, I still think they're going to win the national championship :thumb:

Vandy impressed me tonight in their first high quality win of the season. I didn't think they had it in them.

Don't worry, I still think they're going to win the national championship :thumb:

 

:thumb: Wellllll...:sssh::lol:

A friend of mine at work made a play on this game and took UT giving 2 and I just looked at him and said remember where this game is being played. I was right.

Vandy would win the National Championship if the Final Four was held on their home court.

Vandy is a tough place to play. That place is loud!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.