February 27, 200818 yr How nice would it be for UK to have Ross Neltner this year? He didn't fill the boxscore up, but he played good D on Tyler Smith, moved the ball well on offense, found cutters, and rebounded. His hustle play w/ about 8 min. to go on an offensive rebound resulted in a pass to (help me w/ his name, he had 9 3s for Vandy) for an open three. He wouldn't set any UK records, but he would be very effective in the high post passing to PP and he would provide another key rebounder. Also he has some range, so Chism had to guard him out at the top of the key instead of doubling on PP like you can when Stevenson has the ball.
February 27, 200818 yr Still a few games to be played. Vandy still a half game back, but I predict they will go to Arkansas and lose this Saturday. Then they get Mississippi State at home, then close with the worst Alabama team in the last 40 years, according to Mr Alabama Cecil Hurt. UT has UK at home, a Tuesday night game at Florida and then home to SC. As for the game, it was fun to watch. Shan Foster is the real deal. Metcalfe came up huge in the absence of Ogilvy. The one thing that I think bothers Tennessee, is a team that can handle pressure and run a sold half court game. Memphis the other night was absolutely wretched in the half court particularly late. The dribble drive offense has gained in popularity, but they ran no sets for good looks...it was all Rose. UT got away with taking bad shots in the last 6 minutes of that game. That got in trouble by taking bad shots and attacking the basket tonight. They have a proclivity to try and stop a run by taking quick threes. They are still a solid team, but get them in the halfcourt and atack the basket. As for Lofton, he hits some ridiculous shots, but my lord he takes some really tough shots. He took a boatload of bad shots down the stretch, and in addition tonight he got exploited on the defensive end. Gordon went by him routinely and whenever he was switched onto Foster, Foster posted him up. I really only remember one or two times that Foster posted Lofton up, but other times he was on him he kept him from knocking down a 3, unlike many others could last night. Also, Foster got by him once or twice on the defensive end. As far as bad shot, I don't think it was just Lofton. I agree there were some that were questionable, but he is caplable of making some of them. Chism also fired up a three and Tyler Smith took a few shots in the paint that weren't too good when he had an open person on the perimeter.
February 27, 200818 yr This reminds me of the 02-03 season when UF came to UK ranked on Tue after just valuting up to #1 by default the day before. Everyone knew they weren't really # 1 but a few teams had lost before them and they had gained that ranking. UK killed them. The same can be said to UT last night (even though the game was much closer, the #1 ranking still applies). UK now controls their own destiny in the SEC East. Also if they win all their remaining games they would need Miss St. to lose a game so they would be the only SEC team w/3 losses along with UT but they would have beat UT twice. Anyway it was a great game. Vandy is really good at home and UT just doens't have the compusure to win the national title.
February 27, 200818 yr Vandy would win the National Championship if the Final Four was held on their home court. I agree.
February 27, 200818 yr My dad and I were discussing this earlier and he was for TN for that reason. I told him to think big and positive and play for the championship. I know it will be rough but what if we did beat them down there. After Julia Roberts married that Lyle fellow it was established that anything is possible. Let's go for the gold. Very funny:lol:....... and true!!:thumb:
February 27, 200818 yr Congrats to Vandy for their big win.Now this UT loss opens the door for UK, what a great opportunity. GO CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!
February 27, 200818 yr Good win for Vandy. Check this out: UK is one game out of first place in the SEC :eek: BTW-Kevin Stallings is going to get a BIG job very soon. I think Stallings is at Vandy to stay.
February 27, 200818 yr Not really surprised, when I heard this was the Vols next game, I had a feeling the #1 ranking wouldn't last too long.
February 27, 200818 yr Vandy is tied for 2nd with us. UK fans didn't want to see this happen. UT is still on top. Unless you are predicting a loss for us tonight against Ole Miss, then we are still in 2nd place over Vandy. Vandy has 4 losses in conference we only have 3. So we are a half game in front of them still, and if we win tonight we are a full game ahead.
February 27, 200818 yr And killed them DOWN THE STRETCH! I am a Lofton fan but I call them like I see them as well. I disagree. I have seen Lofton hit a lot of those shots he took last night. I mean he was hitting shots like that since his freshman year. Yeah if they are not going in, it looks like a horrible shots, but most of his shots are actually bad shots until they go in. He is probably the best in the country at making shots, that he probably shouldn't take. IMO his teammates killed them down the stretch more than him. His teammates forced A LOT of bad shots down the stretch last night. I know when they were down 5 one of the Smith's forced up a horrible shot, instead of passing the ball out to a wide open Lofton for a three.
February 27, 200818 yr I disagree. I have seen Lofton hit a lot of those shots he took last night. I mean he was hitting shots like that since his freshman year. Yeah if they are not going in, it looks like a horrible shots, but most of his shots are actually bad shots until they go in. He is probably the best in the country at making shots, that he probably shouldn't take. IMO his teammates killed them down the stretch more than him. His teammates forced A LOT of bad shots down the stretch last night. I know when they were down 5 one of the Smith's forced up a horrible shot, instead of passing the ball out to a wide open Lofton for a three. :lol: Whatever you say. So Smith's shot was bad but Lofton's weren't? Funny.
February 27, 200818 yr :lol: Whatever you say. So Smith's shot was bad but Lofton's weren't? Funny. Well lets see as I said we have seen Lofton make many shots like that in his career here so far. Now I can't remember which Smith it was that took the shot, but it definitely was a BAD shot. He had two guys on him, and had a wide open guy in Lofton for three, and yet he still try to force the shot up and got blocked. UT all together took many bad shots down the stretch. So if you want to talk about funny? Its funny that you only talk about Lofton playing bad down the stretch even though it was shots he has proven he can make. Yet you don't say a word about all the bad shots his teammates took down the stretch. :lol:
February 27, 200818 yr Well lets see as I said we have seen Lofton make many shots like that in his career here so far. Now I can't remember which Smith it was that took the shot, but it definitely was a BAD shot. He had two guys on him, and had a wide open guy in Lofton for three, and yet he still try to force the shot up and got blocked. UT all together took many bad shots down the stretch. So if you want to talk about funny? Its funny that you only talk about Lofton playing bad down the stretch even though it was shots he has proven he can make. Yet you don't say a word about all the bad shots his teammates took down the stretch. :lol: He is their best player and gets the majority of the UT pub, so yes I pointed him out. There were about five shots in the second half the he took that left me shaking my head. Chris has incredible range and the ability to make those tough shots but when they weren't falling... time to look for a more open guy. I'm done with this argument. Agree to disagree.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.