Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Coaching Salaries

Featured Replies

Anyway to get a list of the top 10 highest paid coaches? That would be interesting IMO.

  • Replies 69
  • Views 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have heard that certain retired coaches get a "classified job" that pays 70-80 thousand a year plus a coaching pay.

Have heard that certain retired coaches get a "classified job" that pays 70-80 thousand a year plus a coaching pay.

 

 

They are several coaches in the mnts that make around 100,000 and its mainly for coaching only. Believe it or not?

It should be public record how much head coaches make. Wouldn't this be in the school's budget????

It would be open to public records request if it was inquired about or should be IMO. School systems will say how they do this and that, but really they are only basically the head coach and make 100 gs a year. I have heard that Matney at Johnson Central makes close to 100 gs without stepping foot inside a classroom and Hillard Howard makes 80-90 gs only coaching football.

  • Author
They are several coaches in the mnts that make around 100,000 and its mainly for coaching only. Believe it or not?

 

 

I'll take not.

  • Author
It would be open to public records request if it was inquired about or should be IMO. School systems will say how they do this and that, but really they are only basically the head coach and make 100 gs a year. I have heard that Matney at Johnson Central makes close to 100 gs without stepping foot inside a classroom and Hillard Howard makes 80-90 gs only coaching football.

 

 

I seriously, seriously, doubt this. If poor districts like these are paying their coaches that type of salary just to coach, I guarantee the Lexington Herald would be all over it.

What about private school coaches?

They are several coaches in the mnts that make around 100,000 and its mainly for coaching only. Believe it or not?

 

Not in Pike County.

I seriously, seriously, doubt this. If poor districts like these are paying their coaches that type of salary just to coach, I guarantee the Lexington Herald would be all over it.

 

I don't know what the situation is in Letcher Co.

 

Johnson Central is far from a poor district. I believe footballhd is right on the money (pun intended) in his statements about their package for Matney. He has other job titles, it isn't just called coaching salary.

With the "job titles" it is easy to justify any salar.

Not in Pike County.

 

That's right! Not even close!!!

I would be interested in seeing what the coaches at St. X and Trinity make, and what their duties are.

We also need to be aware "other duties" could mean many other things than teaching in a classroom. In a Herald Leader article a few years ago, it was reported that Coach Columbia at Clark County was the highest paid coach, however, it included his salary as an assistant principal. So coaches "other duties" can be things that are very important and would pay well even if they weren't coaching.

Pike County = HC is $2500 Asst. is $1500

I would be interested in seeing what the coaches at St. X and Trinity make, and what their duties are.

We also need to be aware "other duties" could mean many other things than teaching in a classroom. In a Herald Leader article a few years ago, it was reported that Coach Columbia at Clark County was the highest paid coach, however, it included his salary as an assistant principal. So coaches "other duties" can be things that are very important and would pay well even if they weren't coaching.

 

I would like to know also.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.