Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Coaching Salaries

Featured Replies

At one local high school a few years ago I was surprised to learn that the head baseball coach was paid the same as an assistant football coach. ($2500). Considering the responsibilities and the fact that it's 30 games versus 10, that seemed way out of line. Head football and basketball (boys and girls) coach at that time recieved $5000.00.

 

In your "ten" games for FB, are you considering JV games? Freshmen games? THe fact that you usually have 2-4 times as many kids on the football team as you do on the baseball team? That the season is longer?

 

One of my close friends is both a baseball coach and an AD. He has stated that his job is easier because of the many games...not having to spend as much time practicing and more time playing. You may lose one night, but have a game the next day so it's like a new slate. He doesn't have much problem with getting paid about the same as a 1st assistant football coach.

  • Replies 69
  • Views 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who is the highest paid coach? I would think it would be Trinity or St. X. Anyone know for sure?

Someone told me that all Pike Co. (Belfry) assistants made something like $5,000

How many assistants do they have?

Someone told me that all Pike Co. (Belfry) assistants made something like $5,000

 

No, not even close. See Braveheart's post above.

 

 

How many assistants do they have?

 

Belfry has usually an average of 7-8 assistant coaches, but some of them are volunteers.

Matney is making over 100,000 G a Year... We do believe Football is on the Matney my bad Money..

 

The last time it was reported in the Paintsville Herald it was like 123,000....

But they had it divided up

 

Head Coach- Football

Coach- Wrestling Team.

Special Education Teacher

Drug Awareness Teacher

 

Theres also A rumor the BOE paid for his House also, not to sure about that one!!!

  • Author
Matney is making over 100,000 G a Year... We do believe Football is on the Matney my bad Money..

 

The last time it was reported in the Paintsville Herald it was like 123,000....

But they had it divided up

 

Head Coach- Football

Coach- Wrestling Team.

Special Education Teacher

Drug Awareness Teacher

 

Theres also A rumor the BOE paid for his House also, not to sure about that one!!!

 

 

It's too hard to keep up with if some report strictly coaching stipend and others include teaching salary and other duties. Also rumors are usually just that....rumors.

  • Author

I'm seeing an awful lot of "I heards" posted here. I have a really hard time believing that there is a salary range of $2500.00 all the way up to $125,000.00. That's just too large a disparity.

Bob Sphire at North Gwinnett in Georgia makes well over the century mark. It's not even close the the century mark. Along with all of his perks included I bet it is more than any coach in Ky makes. In my opinion, I think he's worth every penny.

Laurel County

Head Coach - 9000

Head Assistant - 4800

All other Assistants - 4000

The number of assistants depend on number of players, per ten players school gets an extra assistant. This is the same in Basketball (boys and girls), Baseball, and Softball.

You must be mistaken. Isn't that illegal by khsaa standards?

 

You must have heard wrong. Our boosters barely have enough funds to feed our kids on Fridays before games. All are welcome to attend our meetings

You must have heard wrong. Our boosters barely have enough funds to feed our kids on Fridays before games. All are welcome to attend our meetings

 

I heard wrong that Paying coaches from outside sources isn't Illegal or it doesn't happen at your school. If the second , I didn't say you or anyone else did this. All I said was I thought that practice was illegal?:flame:

I heard wrong that Paying coaches from outside sources isn't Illegal or it doesn't happen at your school. If the second , I didn't say you or anyone else did this. All I said was I thought that practice was illegal?:flame:

 

So are you saying that the booster club can pay or give money to a coach for coaching.

So are you saying that the booster club can pay or give money to a coach for coaching.

 

Sure they can but it still doesn't make it legal..

Sure they can but it still doesn't make it legal..

So it is illegal for the booster club to give a coach money for coaching?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.