Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Coaching Salaries

Featured Replies

Yes, it is.

So it is illegal for the booster club to give a coach money for coaching?
  • Replies 69
  • Views 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So it is illegal for the booster club to give a coach money for coaching?

 

Sure is! :sssh:

Booster clubs CAN pay coaches, BUT must flow the money throught the BOE. This is a KRS law. The BOE has to take taxes, retirement, etc. out. Now I know that several booster clubs "give" cash to staffs who win state or have great seasons. They don't funnel it through the booster club. They just have a "collection" plate. Some have bought trucks or cars for coaches. I don't want to name these coaches because I don't want to get anyone in trouble. More power to them! They deserve some reward!

I know that I would gladly donate to someone who works with my children.

Bob Sphire at North Gwinnett in Georgia makes well over the century mark. It's not even close the the century mark. Along with all of his perks included I bet it is more than any coach in Ky makes. In my opinion, I think he's worth every penny.

 

I live in Suwanne now (where North Gwinnett is located) and believe me when I say there is definately enough money around here to pay for his salary. :eek:

I have a friend in another state thats is an assistant and he makes about $15,000 just for football. That is more than most head coaches make in this state.

I know until last year, asst. coaches who don't teach get $700 a year at Lynn Camp. Now I think they get $1000. This is very SAD... The baseball HC does not teach and gets $2000 still very SAD...

 

That's PITIFUL! My respect and gratitude goes out to all of Lynn Camp's coaches-they truly must love coaching. :confused:

I don't know Coach Glaser's salary, however, his "other duties" include Director of Admissions for the school, which is a year round job. Prior to that he had a full teaching load.

TRUE!! Coaches don't do it for the money, but it is nice to get a little bonus just before Christmas

At Ashland its 12% of your base salaries for assistants of major sports. So if you make $50000 for teaching, you get $6000 for coaching duties.

 

This was true in the past, but has not been the case for several years. Many of the long time assistant coaches have accepted a reduction in their percentage to allow for more coaches to be paid that were volunteers before.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.