Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

If Sampson is fired....leading candidates would be....

Featured Replies

I think it is going to be hard to accept the IU job until the situation becomes more clear. IU is in a tricky situation. It is important to get the right guy. I believe there is a lot unknown with this situation. If you were a great coach would you go to IU?

 

I believe you have to consider it, but what if there is a postseason ban or more losses of scholarships?

  • Replies 72
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do know one guy who has IU as his dream job. X ties still coaching in Ohio. That could get very interesting... ;)

  • Author
I do know one guy who has IU as his dream job. X ties still coaching in Ohio. That could get very interesting... ;)

Matta is a possibility, and was last time as well, but I don't want him. ;)

  • Author
Do you have a link for this or is this just your opinion?

It was on the members section of Peegs, IU's Rivals Site. He's not wrong very often and was the only guy anywhere who had Sampson high on a list 2 years ago.

My first choice for the job would be Anthony Grant of VCU, but if not him I'd like Miller.

 

Have you heard Grant to SC? Well, his staff too...

It was on the members section of Peegs, IU's Rivals Site. He's not wrong very often and was the only guy anywhere who had Sampson high on a list 2 years ago.

 

Cool. I was just wondering.

  • Author
Have you heard Grant to SC? Well, his staff too...
I posted a couple of weeks ago, that it's more likely they end up in Baton Rouge than Columbia. At least that's the way things are looking right now.
  • Author
Cool. I was just wondering.
I don't know who the guy on there has feeding him info, but he's not wrong very often.:thumb:
I posted a couple of weeks ago, that it's more likely they end up in Baton Rouge than Columbia. At least that's the way things are looking right now.

 

I couldn't remember what open SEC job I was told. Maybe it was LSU. Eventually John has to stay and take over a program, no? VCU seems perfect for that...

Nashville sports radio has been buzzing over the last couple of weeks about the possibility of Stallings going to IU. Stallings is very much a family guy and for the record, I don't see him leaving Vandy for anywhere. He is very visible in Nashville and has carved a nice little niche for himself. The UK loss has also solidified his place in history.

  • Author

New list is out.....

 

The order as it stands now is Tony Bennett (Washington State), Brad Brownell (Wright State), Scott Drew (Baylor), Anthony Grant (VCU), Chris Lowery (Southern Illinois), Sean Miller (Xavier), Bruce Pearl (Tennessee) and Kevin Stallings (Vanderbilt).

  • Author

For the record, I like Bruce Pearl, not sure I want him as coach of IU.

 

There seems to be a desire of the administration to go younger if they need to hire a new coach.

 

That's good for me! :D

Gordon says that if they fire Sampson, he's leaving.

 

So, can he sign a free agent contract in the middle of the year?

So, can he sign a free agent contract in the middle of the year?

 

No...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.