Reports not accurate: Sampson not fired.......

98NCCalum

............yet.

Indiana officials are claiming that media reports are premature and that no final decision has yet been reached in regards to Coach Kelvin Sampson's status. We'll run down the various reports out there at this late afternoon hour.

As we linked earlier this afternoon, WTHR-13, an Indianapolis NBC station, reported this that Coach Sampson would not coach again at Indiana this season. Another Indy area TV station, WISH-TV, then reported that IU was negotiating a buyout of Sampson's contract. Later this afternoon Fox Sports reported that sources indicated that Sampson had been fired with an announcement coming tomorrow.

In the past hour however, reports from Indianapolis Star story and ESPN.com story indicate nothing has been finalized. The Star story includes quotes from Indiana Director of University Relations Larry MacIntyre denying the information in the earlier reports.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I.U. let Bobby Knight get by with his abusive treatment of players for so long bc he did run a clean program, they got rid of Knight when it finally got so bad that there was too much pressure on them to do something.

With Sampson, these are NCAA violations that may put their program in trouble,under scrutiny so imo they will act much quicker and it is only a matter of time, when I don't know.

The I.U. admin imo is as much to blame as anyone. Sampson was a cheater and liar at Oklahoma....what made them think that he wouldn't do the same at I.U., his word :lol:? Sampson imo is as good as gone and as exactly when I just can't ....."mark that down". :D

No, But it has been reported that he signed a contract that he had a clause he could fired for Violating NCAA rules. Which he did. Hey if IU wants to be stupid and pay him let them.

If they don't wait until June when the NCAA says for sure what the finding is then they have to buy it out.

Right now he;s just been charged, not sentenced.