Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UNC's Williams Miffed by Coach K Remarks

Featured Replies

North Carolina coach Roy Williams apparently doesn't think too highly of Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski's views on injury reports.

 

In a small tiff that has added the latest spice to college basketball's most intense rivalry, Williams took exception to a comment made by Krzyzewski on Sunday that the Blue Devils don't discuss injuries "unlike other schools."

 

While Krzyzewski never mentioned the third-ranked Tar Heels specifically, Williams felt the statement was a subtle jab at his team, which has had a much-publicized run of injuries and ailments in the past two weeks.

 

It was enough to have Williams, in a comment on his weekly radio show Monday, telling an unspecified person to "coach their own "darn" team, I'll coach my team."

 

http://kevxml.windstream.net/_1_47TO106LB8WL__wind.main/apnws/story.htm?kcfg=apart&sin=D8UTM1T04&qcat=sports&ran=13806&feed=ap&top=1

I'm not sure why Coach K needed to say what he said. Why take the shot?

I'm not sure why Coach K needed to say what he said. Why take the shot?

 

Because he is Coach "K"ommercial, haven't you realized that he is the beginning and the end of all that is college basketball :sssh:? Coach Mike "K". Naismith is the Abner Doubleday of the game. He invented college basketball and if you don't believe me just ask him, he will tell you.:lol:

 

The 2nd most arrogant coach is Williams.:D

These two don't really like each other, I like the added fuel..

  • Author
These two don't really like each other, I like the added fuel..

 

Yep, I agree. I don't really care about either school, but you can't argue with how great the rivalry is on the court. Cannot wait to see how the rematch plays out with this latest development.

These two don't really like each other, I like the added fuel..

 

:thumb::thumb:

It would seem that the medical confidentiality act would prevent coaches from discussing injuries.

These two don't really like each other, I like the added fuel..

 

It's great for rivalries...I long for the days when UK, U of L and IU are all good teams.

I'm not sure why Coach K needed to say what he said. Why take the shot?

 

Its called a rivalry :thumb:

The 18% would say he was taking a jab at UK...we've had a lot of injuries..."darn" that Coach K. Is Billy G gonna take that?

 

:D

^ That's really brilliant.

Yep, I agree. I don't really care about either school, but you can't argue with how great the rivalry is on the court. Cannot wait to see how the rematch plays out with this latest development.

I wouldn't be surprised to see some crazies coming in with bandages on their heads and crutches, stuff like that.

Because he is Coach "K"ommercial, haven't you realized that he is the beginning and the end of all that is college basketball :sssh:? Coach Mike "K". Naismith is the Abner Doubleday of the game. He invented college basketball and if you don't believe me just ask him, he will tell you.:lol:

 

The 2nd most arrogant coach is Williams.:D

 

Agreed!:thumb: POOOOOOOR Roy...

 

Pot meet kettle. He would do the same if the shoe was on the other foot.

^ That's really brilliant.

 

Heck, Duke is our biggest rival, right? :D

 

I do wish I would have said, "Dadgum that coach K" instead of "darn that coach K".

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.