February 13, 200818 yr That said, he has tremendous sports knowledge, :confused::confused: That is a matter of opinion, all imo Rome has is a tremendous mouth and he uses it to stir the pot. That is his show, again IMO he works this way bc he knows very little to nothing and he will start the controversy making people think that he does. (kind of reminds me of some on here....:lol:) Rome is one great scam artist and it is talk/subjects like this one that play into his act and keeps him on the air.
February 13, 200818 yr :thumb: I wonder how many "Ten-Loss Billy" threads there will be? :laugh: I thought of posting this exact post earlier. Oh where oh where are the Billy Bashers?.
February 13, 200818 yr And I think that there are several on this board alone that would argue against that... I wouldn't. We're just a few years removed from sweeping the SEC table and delivering 60-point beatdowns on teams like Vandy.
February 13, 200818 yr So, his take is pretty much right then.... No. Did you even read the article you posted. Rome says no one is buying into BCG's system.
February 14, 200818 yr While I am quite sure he hasn't watched many UK games this year. The rest of your post is way off. He used to really annoy me, and he has said he regrets the Jim Everett thing. That said, he has tremendous sports knowledge, and does a great job at building an audience. He is paid crazy money to follow sports for a living. I think that gives credence to the words that he says. He regrets the Jim Everett episode because he knew Everett would clean his clock. Where and how has Rome proven that he has tremendous sports knowledge? I seriously doubt that he has watched any games. I do agree that he has a great ability to build an audience but so did Jim Jones. As most have stated, Rome is a jerk and I put no faith in what he has to say.
February 14, 200818 yr While I am quite sure he hasn't watched many UK games this year. The rest of your post is way off. He used to really annoy me, and he has said he regrets the Jim Everett thing. That said, he has tremendous sports knowledge, and does a great job at building an audience. He is paid crazy money to follow sports for a living. I think that gives credence to the words that he says. OK, let me see if I'm following you. If someone makes good money, then that makes them credible? :confused:
February 14, 200818 yr No. Did you even read the article you posted. Rome says no one is buying into BCG's system. Are they? Given that (as you said) they did not buy in earlier in the year and some still do not, after watching a nationally televised game in which a "defensive-minded" team and a "tough" coach give up 93 points, what would you think? Like I said before, UK basketball is not a big topic on a national radio show and seeing them at 12-10 and getting embarrassed on ESPN like that, this is going to be the view from a national perspective.
February 14, 200818 yr ...Does everyone blindly bashing Rome disagree with this?I'll cut straight to this comment. I'm not blindly bashing Rome at all. I stated UK was terrible and no excuses. The problem with Rome and TV personalities like him, is they use nothing but negative to generate a reaction. His entire framework of hosting, is often centered around criticism. Part of what is wrong with sports today, some watch to criticize. He serves no purpose in my world and the constant negative comments, just confirm he has nothing informative or interesting to offer, so he must resort to criticism. While I am quite sure he hasn't watched many UK games this year. The rest of your post is way off. He used to really annoy me, and he has said he regrets the Jim Everett thing. That said, he has tremendous sports knowledge, and does a great job at building an audience. He is paid crazy money to follow sports for a living. I think that gives credence to the words that he says.That's your perception of him but not mine. He has writers, who prepares his material and I'll assume, he's involved with the content. You may like that style but not the least bit appealing to me and the amount of compensation he gets, has nothing to do with his knowledge of anything. He gets paid to generate controversy and some like it, while others see it for what it's worth....nothing.
February 14, 200818 yr I'll cut straight to this comment. I'm not blindly bashing Rome at all. I stated UK was terrible and no excuses. The problem with Rome and TV personalities like him, is they use nothing but negative to generate a reaction. His entire framework of hosting, is often centered around criticism. Part of what is wrong with sports today, some watch to criticize. He serves no purpose in my world and the constant negative comments, just confirm he has nothing informative or interesting to offer, so he must resort to criticism. That's your perception of him but not mine. He has writers, who prepares his material and I'll assume, he's involved with the content. You may like that style but not the least bit appealing to me and the amount of compensation he gets, has nothing to do with his knowledge of anything. He gets paid to generate controversy and some like it, while others see it for what it's worth....nothing. You obviously don't like Rome and that's fine but I don't see how you would call him negative (at least, anymore negative than anyone else). The main story today was the Congressional Hearings--how do take a positive spin on that? From yesterday, the UK game, especially since it was a primetime game on a network he works for, was a headline. I think your argument there is with media in general and not Rome--he pretty much just covers the hot topics of the day. You're correct to say that compensation has nothing to do with knowledge but (mainly the others) who just write him off as having no knowledge of sports makes no sense at all. That's his life--I'm pretty sure he keeps up with and has knowledge of sports--and, generally speaking, his take on UK is correct.
February 14, 200818 yr No. It took them a while, but I believe just about everyone has bought into his system. :thumb: I heard Bradley say basically this same thing in an interview the other night with wkyt about himself. Bradley stated that he had a little bit of an attitude problem early on but all had now been worked out.
February 14, 200818 yr He regrets the Jim Everett episode because he knew Everett would clean his clock. Where and how has Rome proven that he has tremendous sports knowledge? I seriously doubt that he has watched any games. I do agree that he has a great ability to build an audience but so did Jim Jones. As most have stated, Rome is a jerk and I put no faith in what he has to say. :thumb: I'll cut straight to this comment. I'm not blindly bashing Rome at all. I stated UK was terrible and no excuses. The problem with Rome and TV personalities like him, is they use nothing but negative to generate a reaction. His entire framework of hosting, is often centered around criticism. Part of what is wrong with sports today, some watch to criticize. He serves no purpose in my world and the constant negative comments, just confirm he has nothing informative or interesting to offer, so he must resort to criticism. That's your perception of him but not mine. He has writers, who prepares his material and I'll assume, he's involved with the content. You may like that style but not the least bit appealing to me and the amount of compensation he gets, has nothing to do with his knowledge of anything. He gets paid to generate controversy and some like it, while others see it for what it's worth....nothing. :thumb: These two post again sum all of it up imo. Should a few eqaute knowledge with the amount of money AND what his writers tell him to say (what happened bc otherwise he would have no idea) then he is credible, to most he is a classless jerk. This has nothing to do with what he said about U.K. or BCG or OTS or anything else to do with U.K.. This is just a thread on him with a link, otherwise I wouldn't have seen what he said, I choose my viewing more carefully. He is like this on EVERY subject that he "blows off at the mouth" on and I see that some on here can see him for what credibility that he has;)......."0".
February 14, 200818 yr I don't see how you rip a guy for selling a product he didn't buy. BCG is doing the best he can with this current team. It's not fair to judge him until he is showing us his own product.
February 14, 200818 yr No. Did you even read the article you posted. Rome says no one is buying into BCG's system. I'm gonna bet that UK cashes in on his system as he gets his own players on the floor in the near future ! Rome ? I don't even watch him !:laugh:
February 14, 200818 yr I don't see how you rip a guy for selling a product he didn't buy. BCG is doing the best he can with this current team. It's not fair to judge him until he is showing us his own product. Any new coach to a school/team needs some time to put his system in. One would think that an expert like Rome would know this, uh??:thumb:
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.