Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rome rips BCG

Featured Replies

There's a reason why Rome is on before most of us gets home from work :thumb:

 

I like Jim Rome actually, he says a lot of true things about sports that most people are afraid to say. However I will say he is off with these comments, because he probably has not watched any of the games recently, and seen going up to this game that we had started to improve. However can you really blame the guy for thinking this, because we did lose to two teams that we should have never lost to who are HORRIBLE in Gardner Webb and San Diego, and then just got beat by 41 on National TV. So I think his assessment is pretty fair, because he is not like most of us who has seen every game.

  • Replies 50
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you think Bradley and Crawford haven't bought into his system then you haven't watched much UK basketball the last 3 years.

 

:thumb:

 

Bradley is scoring more, rebounding more, and shooting better (higher FG, FT, and 3P percentages) this year than ever.

If you think Bradley and Crawford haven't bought into his system then you haven't watched much UK basketball the last 3 years.

 

Not saying that I totally agree with Rome, just seeing if anyone would actually read the take before commenting. So, you think Bradley and Crawford bought in 100% from the beginning of the season?

:thumb:

 

Bradley is scoring more, rebounding more, and shooting better (higher FG, FT, and 3P percentages) this year than ever.

 

Not that I not agreeing that he has bought into Billy G's system because I believe he has. But I think some of it also has to do with him being a senior now, and he has shown improvement every single year since he has been at UK. So it was easy to see that being his senior year, he would have improved some more...As for Crawford I still waiting on him to prove that he can be consistent with it. Because I remember a time in the middle of the year last year when he was playing really well and shooting great for a period of games, and then just went back to his old self.

I like Jim Rome actually, he says a lot of true things about sports that most people are afraid to say. However I will say he is off with these comments, because he probably has not watched any of the games recently, and seen going up to this game that we had started to improve. However can you really blame the guy for thinking this, because we did lose to two teams that we should have never lost to who are HORRIBLE in Gardner Webb and San Diego, and then just got beat by 41 on National TV. So I think his assessment is pretty fair, because he is not like most of us who has seen every game.

 

I'd say anyone in the national media would look at Kentucky at 12-10 and make a similar assessment. The embarrassment last night just brought it into the national spotlight, which is why it made it on his show.

So, you think Bradley and Crawford bought in 100% from the beginning of the season?

 

 

No. It took them a while, but I believe just about everyone has bought into his system.

No. It took them a while, but I believe just about everyone has bought into his system.

 

So, his take is pretty much right then....

Who cares what people think about UK? We're improving a loss is a loss anyway you look at it but it just happened to be worse than any we've seen. I don't mind Jim Rome, I usually agree with what he says, but since he probably has only heard of the 3 big losses we've had this year he's being a complete moron about UK basketball. Oh well just watch when UK is back to UK standards in 2 or 3 years, Rome will be praising Billy G.

Oh well just watch when UK is back to UK standards in 2 or 3 years, Rome will be praising Billy G.

 

UK hasn't been back to "UK standards" in 10 years....

UK was terrible last night and no excuses.

 

Rome, has probably never seen UK in any game and happens to pick up his remote and finds the game, then thinks "hey, if I rip this Coach maybe someone will actually watch my show"....I've forgotten more about sports, than he'll ever know and he is nothing more, than a kettle stirrer/reporter of nothing.

 

Jim Everett, should have made good on his promise years ago.

 

While I am quite sure he hasn't watched many UK games this year. The rest of your post is way off. He used to really annoy me, and he has said he regrets the Jim Everett thing. That said, he has tremendous sports knowledge, and does a great job at building an audience. He is paid crazy money to follow sports for a living. I think that gives credence to the words that he says.

While I am quite sure he hasn't watched many UK games this year. The rest of your post is way off. He used to really annoy me, and he has said he regrets the Jim Everett thing. That said, he has tremendous sports knowledge, and does a great job at building an audience. He is paid crazy money to follow sports for a living. I think that gives credence to the words that he says.

 

:thumb:

UK hasn't been back to "UK standards" in 10 years....

 

I would argue that it has only been 3 years (counting this one).

I would argue that it has only been 3 years (counting this one).

 

And I think that there are several on this board alone that would argue against that...

And I think that there are several on this board alone that would argue against that...

 

Oh yes I definitely know that. I mean that is what the whole argument with Tubby was usually about.

Oh yes I definitely know that. I mean that is what the whole argument with Tubby was usually about.

 

:thumb: I wonder how many "Ten-Loss Billy" threads there will be?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.