February 14, 200818 yr So at best, it's been proven that Rome has jaded SOME of you....he has proven his worth.....I think BCG can be good....Rome is dead on in that not everyone on this team has bought in. Hate or not, Rome is right.
February 14, 200818 yr The ones that haven't bought in don't see the floor. I watch Rome from time to time and usually end up changing the chanel. Most of the times I have watched he is bashing someone, so to say his show is not based on negativity seems a little off to me.
February 14, 200818 yr Who cares what people think about UK? We're improving a loss is a loss anyway you look at it but it just happened to be worse than any we've seen. I don't mind Jim Rome, I usually agree with what he says, but since he probably has only heard of the 3 big losses we've had this year he's being a complete moron about UK basketball. Oh well just watch when UK is back to UK standards in 2 or 3 years, Rome will be praising Billy G. What from the Vany game pointed to improvement?
February 14, 200818 yr You obviously don't like Rome and that's fine but I don't see how you would call him negative (at least, anymore negative than anyone else). The main story today was the Congressional Hearings--how do take a positive spin on that? From yesterday, the UK game, especially since it was a primetime game on a network he works for, was a headline. I think your argument there is with media in general and not Rome--he pretty much just covers the hot topics of the day. You're correct to say that compensation has nothing to do with knowledge but (mainly the others) who just write him off as having no knowledge of sports makes no sense at all. That's his life--I'm pretty sure he keeps up with and has knowledge of sports--and, generally speaking, his take on UK is correct. I didn't say, others aren't negative but since this thread was about Rome, thus my dislike for his self-promotion through negative criticism. His comments about UK, has nothing to do with my perception of him and I stated in my initial post, UK was terrible. I personally do not care for those, who consider it or deem it to be, their role in life of spewing negative comments and assuming we want to hear it, combined wither their obligation. The conclusions he reaches, are result of his perception and his writers. His show only exists, because as a society some funnel in the negative and crave controversy.
February 14, 200818 yr By no means am I a UK fan (Hey, I like Duke more than UK, and I hate them), but you forgot to preface this thread with, Jim Rome is a fanny kissing moron.
February 14, 200818 yr I actually like Rome and his show. With that being said, I think his comments are a little off base on this one. Jim Rome's show is based on absolutely praising people and absolutely bashing people. He does it every show, thats all his show revolves around. There's no grey area with him when dealing with his show, he either loves you or he hates you. Kentucky getting thumped by 41 points was a far too easy topic for Jim Rome to pass up. Plain and simple. Anyone who judges a coach by one season is an idiot. You MUST give the guy a chance to get his own players in a develop them.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.